1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Reusable Throwable Weapons (Discontinued!) 2/19/2015

Throwing axes disappearing upon use? Think again!

1. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Shadow Wolf TJC submitted a new mod:

Reusable Throwable Weapons - Throwing axes disappearing upon use? Think again!

Read more about this mod...

2. nicola

nicola Void-Bound Voyager

dont work with shuriken,for me
    please help...

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

I believe that it's because there isn't an "actionOnReap" command defined for the shuriken projectiles (which the Plasma Shuriken item spawns upon use). I assume that the same happens for other projectiles as well. I'll have to look into creating another mod in order to help address this problem without causing potential compatability issues with other mods.

4. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC updated Reusable Throwable Weapons with a new update entry:

A quick fix, and some bundling.

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The weapons themselves need buffing but they should still be consumed after use. Perhaps something similar to skyrim arrows, when thrown if does not hit enemy 100% to retrieve if hitting enemy 50% chance item will be consumed rather than drop on the ground.

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

I'm afraid that I don't know how to make projectiles only perform certain actions a certain percentage of the time (like, say, making them retrievable 50% of the time), or if they hit certain things (like, say, only making them retrievable if they hit terrain). I'm not aware of any code that can do this.

Besides, this tiny mod is more like a demo on what you can do with projectiles, that other modders are free to draw inspiration from.

7. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hopefully in future versions this will be a function added by developers to make this possible :p

8. Retr0

Retr0 Pangalactic Porcupine

In the mod folder I see another mod called: AoR Compatability Bridger Prototype. What is this mod?

9. Shadow Wolf TJC

At the time, I was working on a compatability-bridging mod, similar to the utility-oriented learnBlueprintsOnPickup Compatability Bridger mod, only bridging for projectiles that lacked an "actionOnReap" array. Much like that mod, it was meant to be designed to solve possible compatability issues that mods would've had if they tried to add a new "actionOnReap" array when one was already defined (which would normally cause the game to crash on startup), although it would only work with mods that themselves listed it as "required" in their .modinfo files. (The trick is to allow one mod to define missing arrays, and then, let the other mods that require it add new indexes to that new array.) However, since it wasn't anywhere close to being complete as I was designing the Reusable Throwable Projectiles mod, the AoR Compatability Bridger mod was listed as a "prototype", with only shuriken projectiles receiving a patch from it (which the normal Reusable Throwable Weapons mod then builds off of).

I have plans to eventually finish that AoR Compatability Bridger mod, and upload it for other modders to use. However, I often want to work on other, more exciting mods, so progress on it may be a bit slow.

10. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I really liked this mod, so I in and took a look at updating it for myself. I was surprised to find that it still works just fine. It's missing a lot of the new throwing items, but other than that I tossed it in my mod folder and its working fine. Thanks for making this!