1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Return to Earth [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Sidequests' started by Joseph K, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumenora

Sumenora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok that fixed the PrimeGhost but it seems another bug has appeared ...It involves the ruin itself....when i go into the Rift the Boss spawns and Despawns constantly

[​IMG]

here is a recording of whats happening..the ruin roars then opens its eye for a split second as well as the health bar then disappears...it does this every 10 seconds

i reset it and for some reason it works the 2nd time i try to enter the rift..

3rd...Did the same bug...
    4th and 5th..didnt work..it seems to randomly work and dont wanna work

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

3. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

That's weird... It seems to not be loading the spawners on the left and right sides of the map... I'll look into it.

4. Joseph K

Um... I don't think I wanna do that... First I wanted something tanky and slow but the Prime Tentaghost is meant to be quick.

5. Catherine Franz

Nvm that one then...gon' check this ruin bug thing too if this affects all users (g luck modding as usual!!)

6. Joseph K

There don't seem to be any problems on my end... But don't worry, soon the entire fight will be overhauled, so just wait a little longer.

7. Joseph K

OKay, I tried it one more time with no other mods and it still worked fine... Do you have any mods that would interfere with it?

8. Sumenora

Perhaps a mod called difficult ruin?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=971634034&searchtext=

its up for debate.

and if this is the cause maybe you can find a way to make it compatible with this.....sometimes it works but it seems like its random.
    i wanted to make the ruin harder in his original form so which is why i use "Difficult" ruin.

Btw i'm very happy to help you with this Mod i want it to progress and prosper....their is so little devs who are willing to mod starbound and give it more content so don't be that one that gives up halfway <3

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  9. Joseph K

Okay... Try removing the mod and fighting the final boss and see if anything goes wrong. I'm not sure what help I could use with the mod but maybe you could help with the development of the Earth outpost if you want.

10. Sumenora

well i'm still trying to learn as far as programing things is concerned but i know enough to understand whats going on to say the least... i'm like super newbie but i'm very good at bug finding and i dedicate myself into working with devs to help them find things faster ...you can use all the help you can get <3...and apparently from what im seeing the "Difficult ruin" mod might actually be the cause ....hmmm is their a way to overhaul it to be its own thing i mean is it sharing code simulur to the original ruin?....its a wild guess but perhaps the mod is confusing itself it dont know which stats to put in so their kinda fighting each other

11. Joseph K

Lunar Eye Gaming (creator of Extended Story) is currently working on a new more original final boss for the mod. When it gets finished there probably won't be anymore compatibility issues.

12. Catherine Franz

Actually, I got that difficult ruin but no conflicts..maybe because i got this difficulty thing too?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125987363

13. Joseph K

14. Sumenora

hm this is interesting...of its not difficult ruin...hmm perhaps i should wait for the ruins overhaul

15. Sumenora

16. Joseph K

I don't own Starbound on my steam account. I just play on my dad's because I'm only 13. So can you just give me the file directly?

Catherine Franz likes this.
  17. Catherine Franz

Whoah,you're a year older!!

18. Sumenora

ill send you whatever you need ....i can even unpack their sourse code for u if u like..just tell me which ones

19. Joseph K

Just give me all the mod assets and I think I'll be able to work with that.

20. Joseph K

Yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.