1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Return to Earth [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Sidequests' started by Joseph K, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumenora

Sumenora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wow things have been quiet... i hope things are alright

2. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

Things are fine. Just not much going on at the moment.

3. Lunar Eye Gaming

Lunar Eye Gaming Phantasmal Quasar

Combining procrastination with being extremely busy, you get months of work that could have been made in only a couple of weeks. Anyways, I'm working on the third tentacle sprite. Things are speeding up now.

4. Lunar Eye Gaming

UPDATE: Trying to access one of your dungeons, and it's not loading. "Tile used but no tilesets specified." Your assets don't have any tilesets either.
    EDIT: I cannot do anything to fix it. I'll need the tileset that you used. If you can't provide it, then it's fine. The only reason that I wanted to look into one of your dungeons was I like being nosy I was curious.
    EDIT II: All updates for the True Ruin will take place on this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cTPDlLJtHNuPtn2CJ_b7-ySSe7iITAVj6jhttxHimGw
    If you didn't know, the True Ruin is going to be the updated final boss.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. Joseph K

The funny thing is I never figured out this tile set thing. I just copied testarena over and over again in the same folder as a template and pasting it into my mod. Yeah, I'm aware that it will be the updated final boss. I look forward to seeing this unique parallax :)

Edit: I think it's a great idea to make a lore. Esther never gave substantial information anyway, and it would have something different than the physical Ruin. Like something explaining how this supernatural being came to be.

6. Lunar Eye Gaming

Just finished the lore. It's pretty extensive. Enjoy your 5 or 7 minutes of reading!

Joseph K likes this.
  7. Joseph K

Nice job, it fits right in. I just hope nobody tries to compare this lore with Extended Story's lore.

8. Joseph K

I know how you feel. I'm working on another large mod (was anyway) but lately I just don't seem to feel like it.

9. Lunar Eye Gaming

The final boss is normally meant to test the player's skills. Do you mind if I add some attacks that do test the player's skills? I also forgot to mention that I altered some of the attacks already.

10. Joseph K

Go ahead, the more attacks the better. And I don't mind any changes you make to the original idea.
    Edit: :)

11. Sumenora

im still waiting on the thing to fix that glitch thing with the final boss...i still have yet to figure out what caused it.

12. Joseph K

The new final boss is 60% complete (according to Lunar Eye Gaming).

13. Lunar Eye Gaming

Final boss: done
    Cinematic: Not even started
    Have a good night everyone! :)

14. Joseph K

Wow, this is gonna be finished sooner than I expected.

15. Lunar Eye Gaming

Now, I would like you to change the biome for the final dungeon to "trueruinworld" and create a giant hole near where the boss is so it can show that awesome background(make it irregularly shaped as well). The cinematic, I am getting started on it right now.

16. Sumenora

woo epic moments?...cant wait to test this out.

17. Joseph K

How's this look?
    True Ruin Arena (Tiled).png True Ruin Arena.jpg

18. Killey The Killer

Killey The Killer Aquatic Astronaut

The boss looks very nice but these purle hole seem like a glitch (not the bot=.

19. Joseph K

It looks less like a glitch when you see the moving background.

20. Killey The Killer

Killey The Killer Aquatic Astronaut

Ok, I wait for the next update to be released to see that upgraded true last boss to got my opinion about that background. can't wait to see this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.