1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Return to Earth Overhauled [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Sidequests' started by Joseph K, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

I'm pretty sure there's a way to toggle modded an unmodded SAIL on FU

2. matthew57778

matthew57778 Phantasmal Quasar

well yes i know theres that but im concerned thats not what he meant

3. Joseph K

Turning it to vanilla SAIL should make it work properly

4. Joseph K

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Oh, it updated.

6. Joseph K

Yes, just a small bug fix

7. Lumpy109

Lumpy109 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I have returned after a long hiatus, glad to see this mod still being updated even to this day, can't wait to see what you make in the future. :)

Joseph K likes this.
  8. Joseph K

I am glad to hear your enthusiasm. You may be interested to know that I am planning to embark on a quest to completely overhaul this mod again, since it is not nearly as good as it could of been, and now I have the necessary skill to make its wasted potential fully realized

Lumpy109 likes this.
  9. Lumpy109

Glad to hear about your plans to overhaul this mod yet again, might I add some ideas? Feel free to use, disregard, or work upon these ideas whether or not you choose to do so:

Flying Eye Abomination Pet acquired through a quest: (how long is up to you)
    Flesh companion acquired through a quest: (how long is up to you.)
    Flesh armor: (Light, Normal, and Heavy)
    A Flesh Catalyst (an item to craft items and/or a way to create pets/companions without a quest.)
    New bosses that mix the fleshy look along with the stone look of other bosses
    Flesh mounts (such as a flying vehicle that's made entirely of flesh and moves using appendages,
    or ground vehicles that also use fleshy appendages that walk to move.)
    New flesh weapons that cause bleeding damage
    Flesh alien specie
    Flesh Space Ship (usable for both flesh alien specie as well as other alien species.)

Hope you appreciate these ideas, would love to see even one of these ideas make it into the new mod version. :)

Joseph K likes this.
  10. Joseph K

Good ideas, but they'd be more suited for a flesh race mod. The Ruin is much more crafty and potent, and it won't let you just make useful items out of tentacle blocks, much less makes pets out of them. The creatures would be bound to The Ruin's will (or rather the being that created it) and try to kill you. However, you could call a great deal of the bosses I have planned to be "fleshy," one of which will have it mingled with the "stone" look, and in the weapons department I'd like to make most of them Protectorate weapons since you are on the Ruins of the Earth, and likewise, the Terrene Project

Lumpy109 likes this.
  11. Lumpy109

Glad to see that you like my ideas, feel free to use them as inspirations if you want to make a 'flesh race' mod, I'd install it very fast. This also applies to any other mod you'd create with those ideas as well.
    Wish you well on your modding adventures! Looking forward to those new fleshy x stone looking boss you mentioned, I honestly suggest lots of eyes on that particular one, but that's just my opinion. Would be cool to see a bunch of eyes that shoot lasers (or fire/fire balls, maybe all 3?) That'd make for an intense battle. However, I'd be glad to just fight whatever wild fleshy stone monster that you'd make! :D

Bonus note: It'd be fair to keep the weapons Protectorate since it fits best with the lore, but might I suggest ruins infected variants?

Joseph K likes this.
  12. Joseph K

I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm about my plans. Regarding the fleshy-stone boss, it will only have one eye, but there will be a different boss with at least four different eyes shooting at you at the same time. I'll definitely keep the rest of your ideas in mind, and regarding infected Protectorate weapons, I think instead of doing that, I'll make experimental Occasus Cult weapons that use The Ruin's energy for power, possibly containing/shooting infected matter

Lumpy109 likes this.
  13. Lumpy109

Can't wait for the Occasus Cult Merch (joke lol)

14. Joseph K

*Giant yellow eye shirt*

Lumpy109 likes this.
  15. Lautrec

Lautrec Intergalactic Tourist

I get this error everytime i try to launch the first mission from my ship's SAIL. help pls upload_2021-12-9_12-50-16.png

16. Joseph K

Reinstall Extended Story, and the problem will go away

17. xZugzw4ngx

xZugzw4ngx Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there. I have a problem: whenever i try to go inside the protectorate (only there, the start is going normally) i spawn on my ship. No crashes, no frozen screen: muy character suddenly decides that going inside the protectorate is too painful and brings back too many bad memories, and opts to live in ignorance (at the cost of me not accesing the entirety of your mod).

What do you think?

18. Joseph K

Could you tell me what mods you have and send me your log?

19. xZugzw4ngx

xZugzw4ngx Void-Bound Voyager

I figured it out! :D

Had a SAIL mod, that was the annoying thingy. Now my character can have PTSD about all their friends that died on the invasion freely.

Thanks for the quick reply, tho.

20. Joseph K

Glad you figured it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.