Modding Help [RESOLVED] Random and After Festival Crashing (PC/Steam || Modded)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ajunkin85, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ajunkin85

ajunkin85 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello forums. I am at my wits end right now. After a long time without playing the game, I decided to come back to SDV. I did the smart thing, since my former game was modded, in doing a fresh install and making sure no leftovers from the previous mods/saves/ect were left in the install folder. Deleted the install folder after removal from Steam, just to be safe, as well. Once I did that, I emptied my Recycle Bin, restarted my computer, and then reinstalled the game.

I played for awhile to make sure the game worked properly after reinstalling it, and then went to the SMAPI Mod Compatibility List to make sure that when I went to download mods, I was downloading the correct versions of the mods and that said mods weren't broken. I spent most of the night downloading mods, making sure I had everything required to run them, and that none of them conflicted. Once everything, including SMAPI, was downloaded. I started my install of SMAPI and mods by priority. Higher priority mods with dependants were installed first, then the dependants were installed. I booted up the game, minimized the game itself to watch the SMAPI screen for errors. Found a few (mostly in files that needed updates even though the compatibility list said they were the most recent version), fixed and/or deleted those, rinsed and then repeated. Eventually the only thing I had left was an update notification for a cosmetic mod that, unless my eyes deceived me, I already have the latest update.

Fast forward several hours, and I've had playtime with strange random crashes that didn't leave behind error logs. The weirdest thing was when my game all of a sudden started crashing after the Egg Festival. I replicated the crash several times before I went digging for the error file. There wasn't one, just a latest file, so I cracked that one open instead. I'm no pro, but I didn't notice any errors out of the ordinary in the latest SMAPI file. I popped open my mods folder, and started weaning out things that could have been wrong. Actually found a couple of mods that duplicated the same thing, (like two sprinkler mods,) and got rid of a couple that I decided I didn't like after playing with them. Since one of them was a crops mod, I decided to play it smart and start a fresh save.

Play until the Egg Festival without a single crash, get my hopes up....and BAM. No sooner does the screen go black after the festival when the character is warped back to the farm then the game crashes. No error log again. Below I've included the link to my SMAPI log. Any help would be massively appreciated. I have a feeling that this is something so simple that I'm going to feel really stupid once it's figured out. :/

SMAPI Latest: https://log.smapi.io/JHqq9brW

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Remove Cranber's Fireflies - the original file off of Nexus suffers from a bug caused by a change in the game's lighting.

• ajunkin85

ajunkin85 Void-Bound Voyager

That was it! Thanks so much. It makes me sad that the fix for that file doesn't work. Oh well.