1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Resolution stopping me from playing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by EpSManiac, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpSManiac

EpSManiac Lucky Number 13

Earlier today i went to play starbound but i had a new resolution, i messed around with it and eventually my resolution made my screen go black and had to manually turn my pc off, Is there anyway i can change it? It would really help if anyone could help me.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  2. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Does this affect the entire Pc or just when you load Starbound?

3. EpSManiac

Only when i start starbound. I can get onto the menu with the "launch starbound", but when i launch the game it just blackscreens.

4. EpSManiac

I managed to minimize it during the blackscreen, but it appears that there isn't a resolution on starbound which matches my regular res, is there anything i can do to add my own? (1776x1000)

5. Sir Wilfrey

I'm not very fluent in the graphics software of Starbound but I've never heard of doing that nor have I seen an option ingame to change it, you could try lowering the res when you play it via control panel maybe?

6. EpSManiac

Hm not sure, I'll see if there's anything i can do about it, i'm sure it'll probably be added eventually.

7. Sir Wilfrey

Well, it's a pixel (Not voxel like minecraft, true-blooded pixel) game so there isn't all that much need for a resolution setting. As I said, you may simply have to bend your own hardware to fit the game, rather than the other way around. Hope I helped in some tiny manner, I'm far from an expert but I try : P

8. EpSManiac

Yeah it was fine :p thanks

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.