1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolution smaller, unplayable.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Arbough, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Arbough

Arbough Space Hobo

[​IMG]
    New player here, have been playing for a week (without mods) but today I logged in and everything looked smaller, both the HUD and the overall screen. The game is barely playable like this. I have tried these things:

• Disabled fullscreen optimizations.

• Changed high DPI scaling behavior to: system (enhanced).

• Changed the resolution and zoom, both on and off fullscreen.

• Checked the Starbound config file but it was fine at 1920x1080.

• Opened it from starbound.exe

• Disabled Steam overlay or any other overlay.
    The DPI fix worked once but it went back as soon as I restarted, I tried everything again and it didn't work. Also I don't know if this is related but a friend joined me and he got the same problem although we were able to fix his with the DPI scaling. Any ideas?

Note: if I were to uninstall, would there be a way to save my character/world? This is my first time playing and I would hate to start over from scratch.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Play in fullscreen and lower the resolution instead of messing with the DPI settings for Starbound. You should end up with a larger UI and the graphics are most likely way better adjusted. You can then adjust the zoom slider to your liking.
    I am also playing at 1920x1080 and the UI is fine for me and your screenshot also shows the normal UI scaling which is intended.

I am also moving this topic to Starbound Discussions instead because this isn't a bug.