1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by sinisterMayo, Jul 3, 2017.

1. sinisterMayo

sinisterMayo Orbital Explorer

Whenever i boot up Stardew Valley the resolution seems to be 1280x720, but when i check the settings it's at 1920x1080, which is what i want. Please help me find a fix. I'm guessing its somewhere in this forum but I can't find it.

• bigfootnlc

bigfootnlc Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this exact same issue. It worked perfectly on Windows 7, but after my upgrade to Windows 10, boom! Any help anyone?

Thanks!!

For what it's worth, I may have discovered the solution!! At least it worked for me...

After making the change, I performed an 'Exit To Title', instead of exiting to the desktop to check whether it stayed or not. Once at the title, I loaded the saved game again, played my round(s) and exited as normal. The next time I started the game, the resolution was just as I like it!

Good luck!

Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
      • Rusty99

Rusty99 Void-Bound Voyager

bump, have the same problem and the above ''workaround'' didn't do anything

• bigfootnlc

Well, it's been awhile. I'm back to having the same issue again. I think the above 'solution' stopped working at the time of the last patch/version upgrade installation (1.3.28 - maybe a previous one). In any case, it's still messed up.

The exact situation is that, after loading a saved game, the Graphics Resolution indicates the resolution is 1920x1080 and Window Mode is 'Fullscreen', but the resolution is nowhere close to 1920x1080. The opening video/menus will not stay at the higher resolution either, it's not just the saved game. I have found that, while in a game, if I change the Window Mode to 'Windowed', the resolution immediately jumps up to 1920x1080, but it's Windowed. I then change the Window Mode back to 'Fullscreen' and all is as I want it. Resolution is 1920x1080 and the game is running Full screen. However, after playing a 'day' or five and exiting, the next time I start up, I have to go through the same work-around...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Asthmet

Asthmet Space Hobo

Hi everyone, I posted a solution that worked for me on the following thread: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/start-up-resolution-woes.136468/

Here is a copypasta:

• Rusty99

Rusty99 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason, this problem corrected itself after I changed my GPU (GTX 750 -> GTX 1060).

• bigfootnlc

Greetings:

I didn't realize so many users were struggling with this issue. So, I resolved my problem, somehow, and since then have only been selecting 'Exit to Title', instead of 'Exit to Desktop', thinking that might help (see above reference). I've not been troubled since.

However, after reading the solution offered up by Asthmet, I checked my files. All of my individual saved game files had the resolution set correctly. But even though the game was now starting in the increased resolution desired, the startup_preferences file still had the resolution set to 1440x900, or something like that. I changed that file to specify 1920x1080 as well. Thanks, very much, Asthmet!!

I then searched through the files Asthmet specified looking for a way to specify 'Fullscreen', as opposed to the 'Windowed Borderless' that was sometimes appearing. Sure enough, if you search for the word 'fullscreen' and make certain it's value is set to 'true', that should resolve it.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks, everyone!