1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolution (and maybe other) settings won't save

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by OkExplosives, Feb 6, 2018.

1. OkExplosives

OkExplosives Space Hobo

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered; I looked through the posts but couldn't find anything similar.

My problem is that every time I start Starbound, I have to reset my resolution settings. It always defaults to 1280x1024 no matter what I change it to. I've even tried changing the starbound.config file and it just resets before it launches, because it starts with 1280x1024, not with what I set in the file. I'm not sure if other settings are reset too, but keybinds seem to stick. Those are the only other settings I have changed.

I have found two copies of the starbound.config file in the following locations:

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage
    \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage

The one in "storage" seems to be the one that loads the default settings each time. It is also dated today or whenever I launch the game. The one in "giraffe_storage" is older, dated sometime in 2016.

I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I'd like to have the resolution set the way I want it and stay that way, rather than having to change it each time I start the game. It's not the end of the world, but it is an annoyance.

I'd appreciate any nudges in the right direction.