1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue "Requires 5 ores." message when trying to put minerals in the furnace.

Discussion in 'Support' started by NoxiousRaven, Feb 28, 2016.

1. NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you try to put a mineral in the furnace it will say "Requires 5 ores." despite the fact that you can't actually refine the mineral even if you have 5 of them.

It will also say "Requires 1 Coal" if you have 5 minerals but don't have coal in your inventory.

• Simoxeh

Simoxeh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You have to have coal in your inventory also. It will automatically take the coal when you place the ore in the furnace.

• NoxiousRaven

Even if you have 5 topaz and 1 coal in your inventory, you can't refine it in the furnace.

• ElDuffo

ElDuffo Intergalactic Tourist

You can´t refine topaz i think. You can only refine ore, like Copper, Iron or Gold Ore. You also have to have coal in your invemtory as stated above.

• NoxiousRaven

I know that! But the game shouldn't be saying "Requires 5 ores." when you can't even refine it in the first place. Neither should it display the coal message.

• Voideka

Voideka Void-Bound Voyager

It's telling you what the furnace needs, 5 ores, and it gives the message no matter what you try to put in it (vegetables, bars, etc). Minerals aren't ores, so it's telling you to use ores instead.

• XxBoonexX

XxBoonexX Void-Bound Voyager

I get what he's saying though, that could be confusing.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Quartz is not an ore, but a mineral, and you can refine that.

Trial and error I suppose, we just have to keep trying new minerals whenever we get them in stacks of 5.