Modding Help Requesting custom ship backgrounds for a Penguin race mod.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ReijiGazpacho, May 17, 2016.

1. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

I've been looking into the possibility of making Penguins a playable race, but eventually I'm going to need a unique ship for them to live in.
    So I dug up and refined an old room layout I made months ago. The updated layout looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    The colors here represent the buildable space made available as the ship is upgraded. (red -> yellow -> green -> cyan -> blue -> pink)
    Normally I know my way around pixel art, but something this large is beyond me. If anyone would like to try drawing something fitting this layout, go for it. I can manage the technical stuff to get this ship working in-game, I just need art assets.
    I'm thinking something along the lines of the Airships in various Mario games.

The vertical passage in the top-center at Class V is meant to be an airlock. This would allow players to stand on top of the ship, but not build on it. Whether you want to try implementing that or not is up to you.

The average size of the seven vanilla ships at each tier is 440/740/1400/2213/2917/4267 blocks.
    This ship's size at each tier is 452/738/1400/2222/2918/4262 blocks. Class V is 4250 blocks if you don't include the airlock.

intrepid-explorer likes this.
  2. Vicviper

Vicviper Void-Bound Voyager

by just looking at the layout it doesn't seem to be very penguin friendly i.e. its not a retro looking saucer. Just my own personal opinion there but I feel something like the starter ship being a dreadwing style UFO of either equal or greater and only becoming a bigger ufo with every tier would be legit plus theres already art out there for that design. sorry for trolling but been looking for a penguin mod with proper animations, hitboxes, and a ufo starter and haven't had luck... so good luck to you sir, penguins and penguin-lovers alike are counting on people like you.