Modding Discussion {REQUEST} The Chimeran Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MollMastah, Feb 3, 2015.

1. MollMastah

MollMastah Big Damn Hero

This is a more... unusual race as being similar to the chimeras of full metal alchemist, being a biological mixture of 2 or more creatures, having the choice of what parts your character is made of (of course there are multiple details that would go into this with the current game...) being at the moment as an example, i would choose the following:

Upper-

Head:Black Wolf
    Torso:Black Wolf
    Arms: Lion

Lower-

Legs: Komodo Dragon
    (optional?)Tail: Komodo Dragon

but this is just an example, not what i'm asking for only, more of an entire verity , allowing the mixture of multiple species (i would stick with Reptiles, amphibians, and mammals for now...) of course the detail of making it from the race menu would be...trouble some... perhaps the sense of Franken stein as an example, where one takes parts from corpses are placed together... or use an example from the movie "splice", except with generating the body in something like a medical tank.

over all, how its done is up to you, i would just like a little more... verity with my animalistic characters, maybe add some abilities if you feel the need, as some body parts would give you certain stats, Ex: Wolf legs +5% to speed, -5% to defense, or something, again, its up to the creator, I'm mostly asking for just the actual race, and i'm certain others may find interest in this as well.

as to the one who takes upon this task, i thank you as according, and require no credit, the modification alone is more then plenty to satisfy me.

2. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry to break it to you but this not possible. Modders don't have access to creating menus in the character-creation screen. The most they can do is add more boxes of the same type, like the race-extender mods. What you're suggesting would require tons of new buttons and possibly some extra menus. And in-game there is no access to modifying the player's character in any way, so you can't do it there either, right now.

I'll also point out that if it were possible it would be a massive amount of work. People get paid for that kind of thing in real life. Though I'll admit some mods here are probably equal in quality. The problem is that this is a request and not a modders' personal interest.

3. MollMastah

MollMastah Big Damn Hero

well, this is a disappointment, but at the same time, understandable... well thank you for breaking it to me, sense something like this is not possible, guess ill have to make more simplistic requests.

4. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

I love Frankenstein'ing things together, personally. And I would also enjoy a mod like this... but yeah, I think simpler requests would really be the way to go here.
    There may be a time when the Devs allow access to deeper menu customizations and/or the player-character, but even that said I think this would be too much work for the majority of modders. Personally I barely have enough time to make one race, myself. This mod would require making about 10 plus programming an entire menu system to slap it all together.
    I can't even imagine doing something like that for free. :p

One alternative is to slap together your own race-mod using various pieces from different races. It would not be that hard to do, it only require making a simple mod and then renaming some files from other mods.
    The hair, heads, arms, and 'torso + legs' are all in separate image files. For the legs it might require some cutting & pasting in an image editor but still easily do-able.

5. MollMastah

MollMastah Big Damn Hero

i honestly would gladly do that if i even knew what i was doing, my technological expertise lay with in hardware (upgrades,repairs, most software repairs are to easy anymore...) if i can find a forum that will help me, i may release it for those who may enjoy it as well, guess i should get looking...