REQUEST [Request] Save anywhere, anytime

Discussion in 'Mods' started by krookodilehunter, Mar 8, 2016.

1. hihi427

hihi427 Tentacle Wrangler

unfortunately, I was wrong. It is not that easy.
    we can't just jump to the time we want because we have to consider NPCs's schedule.
    NPCs will just stand there if they miss the moving trigger.

• Snaitf

Snaitf Poptop Tamer

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if time was pushed ahead to target time in 10 min increments rapidly? Like, on each game tick, if (currentTime<targetTime) currentTime+=10; or something. Would that maybe be enough to trigger NPC's schedules? And would it be fast enough to happen almost instantly?

hihi427 likes this.
      • hihi427

That will need a test to figure out.

For now, I just wish someone can make 1 key save mod. Every time start from the beginninig of the day is fine as long as I can keep my item and exp.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
        • Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

Unfortunately I'd rather use Storm if I start modding since SMAPI is kinda getting deprecated in favor of it and Storm has yet to hook the methods and stuff required to do that. Just calling SaveGame.Save() didn't cut it. I'll look into it more later. Worst case scenario we make our own save and load functions and override the regular ones + all the calls so that everything is triggered correctly.

hihi427 likes this.
          • montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will try and will also look into the Time problem. The skipping time 10 minutes per second is nice actually. Could work.

hihi427 likes this.
            • Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

I was going to try something but for right now Storm is crashing whenever I run it with my mod loaded, even if I have all the code commented out.

• montana123

Probably new version out or something with the injectors

• montana123

SMAPI MOD NOT STORM:
                  Hey guys I tried something. I need people to test it:
                  SaveAnywhereAnytime.rar
                  Copy it to your Mod folder. The default Save key is F5.

This is what happens:

If you press F5 the Game saves and shows you the Screen for the Shippingbin.

It looks like the Game is skipping one day but it doesnt. If you are on the 20. of month it says 19 -> 20.

But if you restart your game and load up you are actually on the 21! So its like a skip and sleepover. I need your help testing for bugs etc.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA / CORRUPTED SAVES SO PLEASE IN THE LOVE OF GOD BACKUP YOUR SAVE AT %appdata%->StardewValley (COPY WHOLE FOLDER)
                  DO NOT RUN THIS BEFORE BACKING UP!

• hihi427

Test under new game saving file, latest api.
                    Game crashed after press f5 and not been saved. nothing was recorded in error log.

• montana123

Mhm thats weird I just tested with mine. I will look for it after I have time for it. Thanks for the report!

• kno2231

kno2231 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm looking for a mod or function like this.
                        I feel a littie bit pressure on this saving system.
                        If i want to save the game, i have to spend or waste one day first.
                        I just want to save.I don't want next day immediately.

Actually,i just need a thing as diary or book to save the game.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016