Request: NPC Spawner for Monsters

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Campaigner, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Howdy Starbound friends, I come today asking for assistance in creating a mod. Normally, I'm the kind of wimp who just recolors stuff and throws it on the nexus, thinking I did a good job. Well no more, as Starbound is quite mod-friendly, even for simpletons like me. I've got several things I intend to do, but I have one specific mod I'd like to make right now: Monster Spawner. Much like in Minecraft, I'd like to create an object that spawns an enemy of my choice. Seeing as how there's only a small handful of monsters that do not randomly generate, I'd be making a spawner for those rather than randomly generated monsters.

The one one I really want to make is the little poop monster, but I can't even find the spawner files. I can't figure out where to find the spawning items that are used for guards, merchants, and so on. I'd love for this to be made, but I'd rather be the one to make it since I need to learn how to do this stuff too, rather than depend on others. I just have no clue where to start.

Any help in finding the correct files to tinker with would be appreciated. I already know the poop monster location, but that's it.

2. Aigis

Aigis Tentacle Wrangler

\assets\objects\spawner\spawners

"Spawner.lua" is the code and obviously the other files are the different types. It grabs this info from each file;

Code:
    "npcSpeciesOptions" : ["apex", "avian", "floran", "glitch", "human", "hylotl"],
        "npcTypeOptions" : ["______"],
        "npcParameterOptions" : [
          {
            "dropPools" : []

3. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Awesome, thanks. Here's hoping I can get it working.