Modding Discussion [Request]Legitimate Item Crafting

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tokoshoran, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

I've seen mods that allow you to craft all sorts of the vanilla items at a rediculously cheap cost, but none that let you craft them at a fair cost.

Legitimate items may require some new stations (not so vanilla) to work right, but I think it would be worth it. I especially want to see ways to make the various types of blocks that normally could only be found in villages or dungeons. An example of how things can be done is adding in a Kiln which grabs out your items when crafting like a crafting table, but then takes time to cook it like in a furnace (Cooking hivestone out of bones, cobblestone, and raw meat, for example). Another means to it is to add a price to the items and allow them to be scanned.

2. AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo Void-Bound Voyager

This is actually a focus in my new mod. I'm trying to provide a wider base of crafting materials with a not-so-easy cost along with machines to help facilitate their creation in a fair manner. Obviously at this point in the beta I have limited control over a lot of these variables, but as the modding API develops I plan on taking the slower/more hardcore approach to crafting.