REQUEST (Request) Larger Horse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by hexomega, Mar 7, 2016.

1. hexomega

hexomega Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was hoping someone would be interested in making the horse model larger, as the horse in game is actually very small and wouldn't safely be able to carry your character without injuring its back. As to how much larger, horses are only really able to carry 15-20% of their weight without showing severe stress.

Raising the size so that the horse is no longer shorter than the sprite would help quite a bit. If anyone is willing to do that, I appreciate it.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

It would have to be more than a graphical mod because there is hardly any room to work with on the sprite sheet.

Also, "severe stress" is pushing it :p Obviously it's not good to ride hard and for hours when you're over the limit but trust me, most horses will happily plod along with someone over the limit on their back.

I just try not to take the game so seriously. It's meant to be cute, all the animals' scales are way off.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing this either, but it's beyond my abilities :(

hexomega likes this.
      • hexomega

hexomega Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww, real bummer. I appreciate you commenting on it, though. <3

I was referring to this study. Technically, it's 30%, but given the size of the horse vs the sprite I'd imagine it's like an adult riding an 11hh pony which would come very close to that mark. I don't mind the other animals so much (haven't collected them all yet, though), I just can't help but feel bad for the horse when I ride it. I try to tell myself it's built wide like a Fjord or other mountain pony which makes me feel a bit better. :lolwut:

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

No problem! If I knew how to do it I would - I'd really like to learn how to do actual mods for the game one day, so maybe.. Maybe someday :)

That's true lol, in-game it looks more like 50% :rofl: And mine IS a Fjord so I do definitely feel less bad rofl, just like real life, my pony could carry a giant probably.. Especially if there was food at the destination :rofl:

hexomega likes this.
          • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

The most you can do right now to my knowledge is change the scale of the horse in your personal save game with notepad++. I did this for a mount I was testing, and it looks fine at 1.1 but the character sits too low on the back at 1.2. But it does make the mount bigger, so maybe that'll work for you for now :)