Modding Discussion [REQUEST] Gold to Iridium - Transmute (Ir)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Xerxius, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Xerxius

Xerxius Seal Broken

I find that Iridium is a pain in the butt to find. I'd really like a recipe to transmute, say, 5 Gold bars to 1 Iridium bar. It would really be helpful for my plans of having iridium sprinklers everywhere.~

• SinisterHumanoid

SinisterHumanoid Void-Bound Voyager

I found the best way to get mad Iridium, is drop like 500K into geodes from that desert store, and open them in a spree at the blacksmith. You can get 50+

I know this a request for the mod itself. Just letting you incase you didn't already

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
      • Xerxius

Xerxius Seal Broken

I will try that, thank you! :nuruhappy:

• SinisterHumanoid

No problem, you get anywhere from 80K to 120K back in gems, aswell as topping off your gunter turn ins from geodes

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Another thing people are doing to try and rack up some Iridium is to go in and out the first floor/two floors of the Skull Cavern over and over. You're bound to find some eventually.

• Xerxius

Xerxius Seal Broken

That would take a huge amount of pretty boring grind. It would be more fun just to run the last bit of the mines, stock up on gold and then convert it to iridium. 25 iridium just for the tools. That would be 125 gold bars with "my recipe". Actually mining would probably be more fun than rng manipulation. :saywhat:

• joshissac

joshissac Void-Bound Voyager

when does the desert store sell geodes?

• SinisterHumanoid

I'm pretty sure it's just a random chance for Omni-Geodes for 1K each

• Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

According to the wiki, on wednesdays.
                    Also, I just tried it and I can confirm, it is indeed on wednesdays.

• dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can this be made a mod?