REQUEST (request) Furrys mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by jepic, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

I think a lot of people would love a retexture of your character and all the town npc's to be anthro furries.

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

no, please no

• Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

I myself, wouldn't be interested either. But it's rather rude shoot down the hopes of those who would be.
        Besides, If you don't like it, don't use it.

gomanfox, CyricV, damuel and 22 others like this.
        • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I empathize with both sides here. I personally wouldn't mind it if it were done well, but I understand that it wouldn't be for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

pallida.mors likes this.
          • Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I suddenly want Sebastian with cat ears. Whats Anthro mean btw?

• Lazward

Lazward Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anthro is short for Anthropomorphic, and is like... Well, humanoid beings that are not humanoid in nature. IE; Cats looking like humans, but still having fur and other cat traits. Or an interpretation of lava as a human being. Things of that nature ! A google search for Anthropomorphic will yield more informative results, though.

And, honestly. I'm kinda tempted to fill this, since while I won't be using it myself, I can get the want for such a resprite ! It would also be a great practice for me to get back into the swing of pixel-ing. Not sure if I'll have the time, though.

Celyia and James009 like this.
              • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Anthropomorphic, which basically means to have humanlike qualities. To what degree can vary between works, but generally an anthropomorphic animal would be one that could walk on two legs, talk to other people and wear clothes.

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

go watch zootopia thats basically all anthro heh

• Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

A rock with googly eyes would be considered anthropomorphic as well.

• Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now that turns me on

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, anthro is fine. but what @op specifically said is anthro 'furries'. which means furries basically... so no, please no

Avarwen likes this.
                        • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Even if what you're objecting to is the furry fetish rather than the furry art style, there are already a huge number of mods to make the characters sexier to cater to a lot of different tastes. Chibi, anime, huge cleavage, cutesy, etc. I don't see how this differs.

That's the whole point of mods. They're optional, use them if you want them, don't if you don't. I don't see the point of rejecting mod ideas if someone wants to make them.

• Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

likely their issue is with the negative connotations associated with the furry fandom. They dont seem to actually have an issue with anthropomorphic animals.

On topic I'd love to see a mod that replaces the NPCs with anthropomorphic animals like animal crossing

haphazardgirl and Vixxi like this.
                            • The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I don't understand some people.
                              A mod is a 3rd party asset created by the community where people voluntarily download to modify their own personal game.
                              Why should it bother you if some one else makes a furies mod and some one else uses it?

Are you worried they will force you to download and install it?
                              Because that would honestly be the only justifiable reason some one would be so against it.

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

I wouldn't mind one or two bachelors turned into animals, that would be kind of cool. Shane could be a gruff but lovable bear, or Elliot could be a lion. :eek:

At the very least, someone could be a catboy!

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

Well if no other people want to try to pick it up then I could try to do it my self. already experimenting on making alex a wolf or something

How do you use xnb_node cmd to repack an altered png file to a xnb again? iv tried putting the json file and png into a folder but i get an error, no idea how to select two files to pack

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
                                  • Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Make sure the .png file has the same name as it did before, including the extra . (for example, Alex..png instead of Alex.png). Also post a screenshot of the error message if that doesn't work.

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

Well how do you pack two files into 1? cause i cant seem to have it grab files from different folders

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

You mean the .png and the .yaml/json together? They have to be in the same folder to be packed, just copy the same one as the original.

• jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

I do that I put them in their own foulder then typed in xnb_pack.cmd foulder different foulder and also xnb_pack.cmd foulder file.xnb yet all it does when i do those is just jump to the next space on the cmd prompt skipping a line and nothing changes in any of the files/foulders