Modding Discussion [Request] Fix downward sword reach

Discussion in 'Mods' started by irrimn, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

So, I'm not really sure how to fix this because I don't know how the hitbox of the sword is calculated, but if possible I would like am mod that makes swinging downward equal to the distance of swinging left/right/up.

I know this is probably a limitation of the perspective because the 'sword' hitbox originates from the part of the player where the head/arms is, so when swinging downward you lose the distance of the legs in reach (basically), yet you gain that much distance when swinging upward. However, the hitbox of the character itself is in the feet... Which means when something comes at you from below, there is a much smaller window of time where you can swing and not get hit compared to any other direction.

However, to fix this I would think all that would have to be done is make it so that the sword hitbox originates from the character's hitbox (the feet) so that it swings equal in all directions.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this mod is feasible or if this behavior is hard-coded into the game, but thanks for reading.