1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help (Request) Dedicated server for ARM devices such as Raspberry pi

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by playgamemy, Jan 30, 2017.

1. playgamemy

playgamemy Space Hobo

I know Dev probably have heard this multiple times in past years during development, and I respect the decision on not compile a version for ARM devices because most of those device were not close to have enough resources to host a server properly.

But I think this has changed dramatically in the last year and half, with a lot more perople with an old high end tablet sitting around doing nothing because of upgrading, and Raspberry Pi 3 are actually quite powerful (I agree the 1GB ram could be a constriant), I just think dev should really free up that option given you already has a linux build anyway. Running a dedicated server 24/7 on low power consumption devices is so tempting, right now I just can't afford to have a computer running 24/7 for this purpose alone.

Please consider again dev.