Modding Help [REQ] Custom ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by 0siris, Dec 14, 2013.

1. 0siris

0siris Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry if I this has been posted before, but I've searched the forums for a while and haven't found any real tutorials.

Anyways, I want to build this ship; Credit to BUDDYBOY
    [​IMG]

But I have no idea on how to create it.. I've seen other people talk about how its done (sorta).. with some things called dropships. I would attempt to myself but I think this is outta my league, lol. Also, I only have MSpaint, so I don't think I would even be able to 'draw' the ship.

Could anyone help me learn how to build custom ships, or point me to a how-to thread?
    Or if anyone would like to create this ship for myself and others to use, I (we) would very,very much appreciate it. Thanks.

2. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

You don't really need to know to texture for the ship, as you can see, the 1 you want is just 3 apex ships glued together and modified a bit.
    How to Mod Your Ship

0siris likes this.
  3. 0siris

I don't know how I missed this thread. Going to go download the GIMP program and give this a go. Wish me luck, hehe. Thanks for the reply bud.

4. tifel100

No problem, Good luck.

5. 0siris

Well... that didn't go well. I can hardly figure out the photo editting program, letalone the code that goes with it. lol.

6. Hoxalicious

Hoxalicious Industrial Terraformer

GIMP is convoluted and very daunting to the budding artist. Honestly, for this stuff you could just as easily use MSPaint/Paint.net. Start simple. You could very well just cut/paste different sections of the ship to create all kinds of awesome. You're not going to nail it first try, but give it a bit of time, play around, see what works. You'll be pumping out ship designs in no time!

7. dcsk8erboy

dcsk8erboy Space Kumquat

I expanded on the human ship through paint for the block files and pixlr for the ship image. I didn't even know how to do it yesterday, but it's rpetty simple. this is what I made! dropship2 - Copy.png

8. tifel100

Awesome. you should copy the original bottom detail for your bottom so it's not square. But awesome. Goodluck mapping it out :rofl:

9. dcsk8erboy

dcsk8erboy Space Kumquat

Thanks! yeah, I should fix up the edges some, but doing that took me really long as it was! and after mapping and matching it up, I was just ready to have a finished ship! I added some extra storage places too, mods are great!