Modding Help Replacing Hair Sprites for Races from mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KINGofSPADEZZZ, Feb 27, 2020.

1. KINGofSPADEZZZ

KINGofSPADEZZZ Void-Bound Voyager

So to keep things brief, I have been trying to replace one of the hair sprites from the Lastree Race Mod by rooki1 with a hair sprite from the AnTiHair Mod by Annuschka. But after I replaced one of the hairstyles and launched Starbound, it crashed before it could get to the main menu. Am I missing something?

2. I_Beest_the_Canon

I_Beest_the_Canon Master Chief

Yea you missed to tell us what YOU did! Nobody knows what happened if you don't tell anything smh

Aaaanyways most likely you just copy pasted files from Antihair to Lastree. That's not how that works. You need to replace it as in you got to find what's the name of the hair file you wanna replace, then overwrite it with Antihair's file.

3. KINGofSPADEZZZ

Thanks for telling me I forgot to mention that important thing (Granted I didn't specify this because I assumed it was obvious what I meant by replacing sprites). I did rename the file I grabbed from Antihair when I moved it into the Lastree race mod files.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  4. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Send the mod, and I will look over it with a fine tooth comb and get it workin.

5. KINGofSPADEZZZ

Damn! Of all People in this community I didn't expect to respond, it was you.

And I appreciate the offer but I actually managed to get the game to launch earlier today. I'm not sure how to explain it but after editing the sprite it was able to work.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  6. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

LOL

Awesome!