Modding Help Replacing an NPC house

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kippzerpp, Aug 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Kippzerpp

Kippzerpp Space Hobo

So I've been trying to replace Harvey's room for a different mod I'm working on, but I can't seem to get it to work. I extracted and unpacked the original .xnb file. I edited it in Tiled, saved it. Repacked it into a .xnb file. I tried coding it to replace the original map for Harvey's room, since that's how I eventually want the file to work, but that didn't work.

I tried placing the new .xnb in the data folder of the game and overwriting the original. That didn't work either. I can't seem to find much about this online, and even looking at the files of other mods that do what I;m trying to do I can't make sense of it.

Any help getting the file to work (especially if you can help me get it to work by being coded instead of just replacing the original .xnb) would be greatly appreciated!!!

Not sure if this is common knowledge and I'm out of the loop, since I am kinda new to creating mods :/

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

I wouldn't recommend that you make or use .xnb modifications, they usually bring a lot of errors and are unstable, not to mention that you need to replace original game files, why don't you try to make your mod using TXMLoader? It is easier, simpler, and with much lower probability of errors.