REQUEST Replacement for Abandoned Joja Mart Exterior?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DreamerDrop, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Uhm, sorry if I'm doing this wrong.

But, I really hate having the abandoned Joja Mart sitting there, lifelessly, in a corner of my town. Has anyone created a mod to replace it with something more... decorative?

I imagine it'd be difficult to give it a function, but changing it to look nicer, maybe? Turning it into something more nature-y or fitting for the town... Maybe making it look like a purely decorative fifties diner or something like that. Or a camping site or something? I don't know...

Just so there's not a creepy abandoned shopping center sitting on the outskirts of town that still has abandoned cars and other junk laying around.

Again, sorry if I'm not supposed to post things like this.

barfyscorpion likes this.
    • TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There sadly is no way to check for CC completion with A.L.L. which would be the easiest way to make this happen. You could make it happen so that after year X, the joja market is replaced but that is very suboptimal.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

@DreamerDrop -- this is the place to request mods, you got it right :)

Changing the look would be an easy fix for someone with artistic ability. The abandoned building has 4 sprites (one for each season) located in StardewValley\Content\Maps. The sprite sheets are named fall_town.xnb, spring_town.xnb, summer_town.xnb, and winter_town.xnb.

Since I have no artistic ability whatsoever, I'm going to leave this to someone who does...
        If no one takes the bait, perhaps I can mix and match the functional Jojamart with the abandoned one, and simply add a "closed" sign to the nice-looking one. If that makes sense. I'll check back tomorrow.
        (I've been hating the abandoned Jojamart for about 8 game years myself, but never had the ambition to do something about it!)
        Cheers!

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Replacing the PNG sprite is one way, another way would be to use ALL to just replace the tiles of the building on the map with something else without having to actually modify any XNB files, there just isn't a good condition to use, I already made a suggestion to Ento though.

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

There is a mod for this. Look up something along the lines of "Joja No More!" if I'm remembering correctly. It is definitely on this forum, and even possibly the Nexus.

EDIT: Found it! You'd have to read up on it/test it out to see if it's compatible with latest versions and stuff but here it is! Just make sure to only download/install it after your Joja is already in ruins or else it could probably break your or at least cause big issues (understandably).

EDIT 2: And by the way, this is the right place to post something like this so you did a fine job!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
            • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I was working on a mod for this a while back that would replace it with an open park with benches, statue and whatnot but ditched the idea because it failed to recognize these tile edit changes in ALL. Also, as previously mentioned, there is no Community Center conditions for ALL along with 'path' layer errors.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I downloaded it, it works, and it is AWESOME! I can't believe this girl (@tiffy961 ) changed paths and got the map to read from several different tile sheets, and hardly anyone noticed! (Or, if they did, they didn't comment or "like" her post). Wow.
                Awesome, thank you for finding it!

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh my.
                  I'm so glad I was able to make someones day with this.
                  It took me days on this thing and No-one ever said anything so I was actually thinking maybe it doesn't work for anyone else.
                  Huzzah! So glad it does.

hwayunhae, DreamerDrop, eemie and 2 others like this.
                  • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Only reason I hadn't said anything is because in my current save I still have Joja Mart, I'm in like Summer year 1. I have it downloaded in a mod folder for future use though! Also super glad it works! Great job, @tiffy961 :DD

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's perfect! Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

• ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

I've been thinking of doing a re-skin of the building, but with lots of spray paint and broken windows. sort of like the town taking revenge on all of the heartache jojacorp caused

margotbean likes this.
                        • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds good! Any chance you can add in cracked cement, holes in the walls, or broken bottles/cans? (Don't judge me... my character would occasionally go behind JojaMart and set off cherry bombs to "clean up debris.")

ghomerghamer and margotbean like this.
                          • ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

yeah that was kind of my plan. i wanted to make it REALLY look run down, and vandalized. it might take me some time, since i have a bad habit of actually PLAYING the game too.. haha

margotbean and springacres like this.