1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Repeated Crashes upon launching the game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dsswild, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skye Diamond

Skye Diamond Void-Bound Voyager

ok so my redownload is done and it lets me go to the player select screen now without getting an error. i am going to try to put my player data back and see what happens. i think it was something with the update that caused the problems since i didnt have any probems until then. will let you know what happens each step.

2. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

You are right Skye, Hopefully the Devs will fix that update.

3. Skye Diamond

ok so i added my player data back in and my mods i still had the same problem. i deleted the mods and kept my player data and tried again, no error occurred that time. so now i am going to add each mod back in one by one to see if i can find out which one caused the problem. sadly it will take awhile as i have several to go through lmao. wish me luck i find it is not one of my mods i use the most lol hmm i wonder something........... what are the 15 mods you have? mabe we have one of those in common? if so might save me a lot of time?

4. Presios Saiyan

I had Ninigen and saiyan mods, Mora music, And other items mods as well. Even Combat overhaul.

Skye Diamond likes this.
  5. Skye Diamond

ok i dont have any of those, i have a few of the race mods (a lot actually) and the rest are the extras, like the bees, eggstra clucks, stained glass and such. i am adding the race mods in now. if nothing happens i will start on the extra stuff

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  6. Skye Diamond

ok it seems to be one of my mods for the races. i will see if i can figure out which one of those it is now

7. Presios Saiyan

What happends if the Unstable update 12 was never released as a faliure? Like now?

8. Skye Diamond

ok so i have found that it was my munari character race mod that was causing the problem for me. i have added all my extra mods back and no trouble, i am still adding the rest of my race mods to see if any of them will cause a problem as well but so far only the munari race mod had been a problem. i have deleted it and will do the same to any other if i have the problem with them. :) hope this helps anyone else who might have this problem. check your race mods to see if that is the problem.:DD

9. Presios Saiyan

Alright I'll check. Update: 2 Of my race mods are causing the problem!

Skye Diamond likes this.
  10. Skye Diamond

hope they were not ones you use very often

11. Presios Saiyan

Yep, I use them very often.

12. Skye Diamond

ouch :( i see the one i had trouble with has now been updated, but i dont know if i want to try downloading it to see if it causes issues again. mabe you can go to the person who made the mods and let them know what happened, mabe they can get a fix for them?

13. Presios Saiyan

If i reply to them, They won't answer.

14. Skye Diamond

that is not good. hope they know their mods are no longer working properly.

15. Presios Saiyan

Hopefully Starbound can fix that issue.

16. Skye Diamond

true, there might even be other race mods that are causing problems for other people who do not know it is their mods causing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.