1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Repeated Crashes upon launching the game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dsswild, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsswild

dsswild Void-Bound Voyager

Opening starbound (w/o steam running and with steam running) results in this error:
    Normally launching: An error occured during loading: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'avianStarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/default.treasurepools'
    TreasureDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void()
    _Bind<ClientApplication:{}reSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()><:{}_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

ClientApplication:{}ostSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

OpenGL launching:
    An error occured during loading: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'avianStarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/default.treasurepools'
    006820CF starbound_opengl.exe
    00501359 starbound_opengl.exe
    00404B3C starbound_opengl.exe
    009A3FCC starbound_opengl.exe
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChin
    00404FAD starbound_opengl.exe
    00406D17 starbound_opengl.exe
    0040A564 starbound_opengl.exe
    004081F4 starbound_opengl.exe
    004ED901 starbound_opengl.exe

This happened after installing a mod and going back to my character's ship with the mods. I tried to reinstall the mods and launch the game and choose my character so i can delete each item from my ship, but then these errors started ocurring, preventing me from playing the game. Any help?

I have uninstalled all of my mods after this started happening and tried to:
    Verify the game cache.
    Delete all the files and reinstall Starbound.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. dsswild

no help?

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Leave your mods out of the game folder and launch the game again. TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'avianStarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/default.treasurepools' means a mod is trying to overwrite default files that it's not supposed to. If you are getting this same error after removing ALL of your mods, then you can try to make sure that your assets folder is empty except for:

'user' folder
    'packed.pak' file
    'sb.checksum' file

The game will unpack the assets it needs when you launch it.

Oh, and most of the people in this forum aren't paid to help. Just because you didn't get a reply within a few hours doesn't mean no one is going to help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  4. dsswild

It's alright i'm just a impatient man :p
    also thanks, it finally launched after moving the mods folder out. Question, though: will i be able to use mods again if i make a new folder called mods in the directory?

5. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Of course. Moving the mods folder out is not permanent by any means, it just tells you that a mod is to blame. You can try putting them back in one at a time until you find the one causing trouble if you like.

6. dsswild

It was the mod manager one for some reason, i'll just put in mods myself from now on

7. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I usually recommend that people install their own mods instead of using a manager, it's not difficult and you won't run the risk of using an unknown executable that could potentially have a virus. Anyways, glad you got it fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  8. Skye Diamond

Skye Diamond Void-Bound Voyager

hello, i saw this post and it looked like similar issue i started having after my Starbound on steam updated yesterday. only i have tried everything in the suggested section and even took out all mods i was using and still the same problem. it keeps saying something about small night flying monsters and key varient not found? anyway i have a screen shot of the error window i keep getting. i even removed the Starbound folder and tried to redownload it but it said was already running. any help would be great as i have not been able to get it to launch. i get the launcher menu but after i click launch it brings ups the loading screen then i get the error. this started after the update on steam. thanks

Attached Files:

9. Skye Diamond

i have now uninstalled and re installed Starbound but still get the same problem. just wanted to add that in so it would be known i have done it before it is suggested :)

10. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Move your universe and player folders out of the Starbound folder and try again. Mods can leave behind altered worlds and player files, causing issues even after the mods are gone.

11. Skye Diamond

actually i have deleted the universe folder last night as it was in the suggested section but i still had same problem. i have now copied my starbound folder to the desktop and uninstalled it from steam again then i deleted the starbound folder from apps and i am in the process of downloading Starbound again to see if that helps. if it not i will be completely lost.

12. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

I Do have a problem here. I had 15 Mods installed and It repeatedlty crashed the game, I tried Deleteing Player and universe folders but it did no luck. "Evev The Update Screwed my starbound mods up.

Skye Diamond likes this.
  13. Skye Diamond

sounds like i am not the only one who had problems after the update :(

14. Dunto

Dunto Guest

There's your problem. Remove your mods.

15. Presios Saiyan

It Worked fine, But When i installed them back They don't work. I think It's a major bug.

Skye Diamond likes this.
  16. Skye Diamond

i took my mods out when i first had the problem but it still gave the same error for me. something about small night flying monsters, i dont have any mods for monsters anyway but i thought if it makes the error go away, i removed them but it didnt change anything, i still got the same error. anyway re downloading is almost done so we shall see what happens

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  17. Skye Diamond

could be one of the mods causing your crashes. mabe try removing them one at a time to see if you can find which one is causing it?

18. Dunto

Dunto Guest

So you don't have a game problem or a bug in Starbound. Anything you do after that is caused by what you add or what you do to it, which is your problem, not that of the devs.

19. Presios Saiyan

None of my 15 mods Had No monsters in there. So why Did it said Flying monsters? I belive the Devs putted in something. Mor Music mod has Only Music. That's it.

20. Dunto

Dunto Guest

By that logic you should go complain to Microsoft that a game crashes on Windows, obviously since one program doesn't work but everything else does it must be the fault of MS, they must have sneaked something in there. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Presios Saiyan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.