1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

http://pastebin.com/7mXsQfH7

Those appear to be yours. Running the other three avali mods and yours with a large list that I've confirmed all work with Nightly.

2. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

yeah them codex errors would ours hahaha, have no idea why they will never work, (even after following a guide) but if the rest of it works fine that's awesome! :D

3. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

returning to stable I'll see if that issue happens again

4. Loofy

Loofy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since the latest stable update (Spirited Giraffe) that was released only very recently, this mod seems to cause an immediate crash whenever I try to load up my game with it. Now, I'm running a small server, and would wish to keep it updated to the latest version and as such am asking if the fix for this is easy and will be around soon-ish and as such I should wait, or if I should remove this mod until such a time it's updated? To be specific, the server gives me an error in "reading rentekguide02.codex" and shuts down.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I'm sure you know this but I thought I would shot this out anyway. It would seem the mod is not working well with the update. Again I'm guessing you know that as they run it as unstable before they push it to stable as an update.

Code:
    [13:39:47.996] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /codex/documents/rentekguide02.codex, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /codex/documents/rentekguide02.codex
      StarException::StarException(string, exception)
      AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadJson(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
      Assets::loadJson(String)
      Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::json(String)
      CodexDatabase::CodexDatabase()
      Root::codexDatabase()
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<CodexDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /codex/documents/rentekguide02.codex
      StarException::StarException(string, exception)
      Assets::readJson(String)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadJson(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<CodexDatabase> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      BaseThreadInitThunk

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error extra data at end of input at 22:4
      JsonParsingException::JsonParsingException(string)
      Json inputUtf8Json<char*>(char*, char*, bool)
      Assets::readJson(String)
      BaseThreadInitThunk

6. CaelThunderwing

CaelThunderwing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sadly i figured this would break w/ SG.

7. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

After deleting the codex folder and it's contents, it seems to be work for me. I have not got another error yet but that is YET.

8. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

wait there is a new stable game update? O-o

9. Loofy

Loofy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most definitely. Chuckle's pushed the latest unstable to stable and we now have teleporters, projectile spread, pets, and other things.

10. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

I think he was joking Brah I'm sure he knows there was an update to the game.

11. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

projectile spread was already possible, typically in shotgun like weapons though if its the accuracy of a single projectile that can be modified that's awesome

ahhhahaha... ^^; sorry but really didn't know, my game doesn't update unless I manually force it to nor does it tell me their is an update, I believe reni's does the same thing which makes it kind of a of a problem

12. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

That's odd do you not use the steam Ver. ? I can't stand steam I hate that you now have to run a 3rd party program just to play a game now sometimes I miss DOS, Duke Nuke, loved that game.

13. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

yeah i use steam but strangely its just weird on occasion, it doesn't tell me it needs an update unlike other games where it will, that is until i get it to check for an update and even if it did auto update it still doesn't tell me it did the update, hahaha, i just launch the game from its folder anyway thus avoiding the launcher... oh well mod update on its way.

the original pc dos duke nukem 1-2 & 3d games were the best, cant stand the console ports of duke3d or even the current remake

14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

15. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the drone doesn't work for me
    when i interact with it nothing happens, no message, nothing
    haven't read anywhere in the mod that it's been disabled for the time being so it must be a bug?

16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

your using I outside on the ground/surface like when activating any other boss spawner right?

17. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

plz make a .zip alternate download! I have asked many a time, this looks great but I cant use .rar files!

18. gatosardina

Yeah
    I've tried also "flattening" the ground in a large area but that didn't help

19. gatosardina

phoenixonfire likes this.
  20. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

odd... the only thing i can think of is if you try it once more and then copy and paste it here, you can find it here: " /Starbound/giraffe_storage/ "[DOUBLEPOST=1429889729][/DOUBLEPOST]
    are you sure you got the right mod discussion? i cant find any other posts with your name here... and i dont ever recall anyone having a problem with Zip vs Rar files... and i use "winrar zip archiver" which treats zip, rar and 7z files all the same as well as can open each of them but i cant save them as a specific type, if your using a windows OS i recommend getting "winrar zip archiver" as i find it quite useful.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015