1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

Oooh I like the sound of that.[/quote]
    an attachment idea for an idea i have been thinking about for a while which might become a version two of the first original idea.

2. RenTek: Reni

oh hes just trying to be eco-friendly about things even when it comes to planets or even asteroid fields, which is good considering the damage we heard the Orbital cannon had caused on the surface of planets and in towns, but its true that lifeless moons are hit more then anything else...

Marxon likes this.
  3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've used flamethrowers a lot, I sometimes use a lightning coil instead. I've been burned bare so many times it just grows right back, a little bit of flames never bothered me. Also I seem to notice that moons are a frequent victim of heavy weapons testing.

Edit: whoops merged and deleted posts a bit.

RenTek: Reni likes this.
  4. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

I question the wisdom of avali utilizing fire based weapons. It just somehow seems... bad for everyone.

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Bad? You haven't seen me use the flamethrower when I'm hungry have you?
    *digging through screenshots folder*

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

[​IMG]

Icebelly, RenTek: Reni and ECC like this.
  7. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

I woke up my cat. I hope you're happy.

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

As happy as I was after I got some well done steak with that flamethrower.

9. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was also referring to the weapons as well, as in the weapons would be similar aesthetically to higher-tier avali melee weapons with the bulky yet sleek tech look and the crystal components, but the more I think about it, the more stupid my request sounds.

As for the weapons, I'm glad you're considering the hunting gun concept. If it won't be of any bother, I'm more of the efficiency over power type and would like there to be more weapons that have more use than "blow stuff up", so here's a few more ideas like this.

First, I wanna say the hunting gun could be tiered for power and effectiveness, so higher tier weapons made from crafting up from the starter hunting gun would increase damage, the variety of meat/leather dropped, and how often they drop.

You could consider a tranquilizer gun as well. I don't know if it's possible to code this, but a gun that has a chance of freezing the enemy in place temporarily or at least stop them from attacking. This has many uses- stop a boss/miniboss in place so you can just whale on them without worrying, keep a monster you want to catch as a pet in place, or those who prefer melee's reliability and energy preservation (one of the reasons I usually stick to melee is because the energy gauge keeps running out too quickly), but can't get those awful birds to stay still long enough.

Also, if not already done, non-terrain weapons/versions for those who don't want to damage the environment but still put a lot of hurt on the monsters. I do realize it's really impressive to have weapons that can carve a hole through a mountain in seconds flat, but that's not really the weapon you'd want to pick up when fending off a monster or rogue guard in the middle of a base that took you hours to build...

Just a silly concept, but... decoy bomb? Toss one that projects a hologram (and hitbox) of a NPC to attract and distract enemies, but when they lay a hit or after some time delay... BOOM. Useful for the especially annoying and stubborn types who won't stop chasing you and jump too much to shoot. Probably cheaper, craftable, and achieveable early on for those who can't afford the HUGE guns yet. Plus potentially fun to play with!

...and stuff like that. It doesn't have to be all power, but a variety of usability.

I think dungeons are capable of being randomly generated by default, and this allows for a few different versions of the same dungeons. So you could toss out a few small 'shelter' types along with larger dungeons for loot. Either way, I'm excited at the concept!

I'm aware you're still new at it, I'm just trying to be fair in my critique and point out that even what you have now is imperfect and needs to be kept in mind. Doesn't stop me from loving it!

Hope I've been constructive enough and not annoying... -Joneithevius

10. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

can you see these weapons in vanilla servers? as in servers without the mod? (because there are ways to do so... just most people ar eto greedy to share theres.

11. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

No. Unless the server supports the sprites and projectiles, there is no method to create and use these on a server that I am aware of.

12. Campy

Campy Void-Bound Voyager

I just love the weapons for the avali~! Thank you~! :3 There is just to many for just one to be my favorite but i love them all they all are well done and help alot Thanks again~! :giggle: :catface2:

13. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if a server does not have a mod that you do, only you can see it/use it, to anyone else the item/object wont register and be invisible, sure enough you might be able to use the weapons to kill a monster, but that's if registers even that, and currently the only way you can create and use any of our equipment is if you create the Armoury's crafting station, even if people can see that in say, your ship, the crafting list is empty for them.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

status effect dealing/creation is still a widely unknown area to us as well as the decoy bomb idea, perhaps an npc spawning grenade or something but im sure that would involve scripting and that's still white line in terms of understanding any of that, we cant make any promises when it comes to big/complex idea's, how ever the hunting gun sounds like a possible idea.

"but the more I think about it, the more stupid my request sounds."

your far from it actually, we have been thinking of altering the design and colours of a couple of the weapons, for minor updates as we revisit each one and adjust them accordingly, previously the weapons were categorised by type, eg, shotguns to shotguns, energy cannons to energy cannons and so on, but recently we have started to categorised them by "designer/manufacturer" just to give them a bit more of a unique feel, regardless of the weapon's type/class it will have a sort of theme, for example some weapons might look more avali, where others might look more human or avian, or so that's the plan, but this also works for you guys and the weapon ideas you give us and this would mean they would stand out from the normal mod pack weapons.

15. RenTek: Reni

we have been slowly removing the destructive force of the weapons, especially with the Ion Cannon for example, we really recommend you don't fire that indoors, in confined space's and or with some form of visible roof above your target location, also excessive use may destroy weaker blocks like dirt and sand...

Dilrax likes this.
  16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Even this advice wouldn't have saved my poor freighter, the ship now constitutes a set of rings around a random moon, guess it was it's time anyways, the thing had more patches than original hull and was... I think 100 years old.
    [​IMG]
    I say accidentally setting off a nuclear device (primary fission reactor) in this thing was a mercy killing, what about you? (Ignore the large amount of Avali wine in the top right, that was NOT the cause of the ship's eventual downfall)

17. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Subatomic Cosmonaut

They're merely ideas for later on when you can do something about it, no worries.

Well, I did mention a pilebunker, which can be a high speed spear-like melee with huge knockback. (If the knockback is possible) This is kind of a fandom reference, but have you heard of the Piecemaker of the Discworld series? It'd be great to get to wield one, even if it's not as insane as the canon weapon.

It'd be great to see species-specific weapons, it'd encourage me to vary the species more too!

18. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Personally, I don't want to do a mod myself. Buuut I keep making sprites for mods I would like to see and it's just frustrating. Take my sprites for me?
    http://imgur.com/a/Sr8kw#0

no seriously, take them, use them.

19. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

im not sure on how the knockback system works but if i knew how and i could give something high knockback power and very little attack power there would be a few fun toys to play with, as for "Piecemaker of the Discworld series", it doesnt ring a bell, sorry.

as long as you honestly don't mind im sure we could manufacture your designs and make them useful, of course not with out the credit for them going to you...

at least its still holding together... for now... you might need some extra glue or something, it does look like a good example of the sort of explosive danger and problem i wish to avoid or at least move away from... you should really look into that kind of... reinforcement material stuff that helps strengthen your ships structural walls making them highly resistant to everything you can hit it with, just as long as its not the guns of another ship that is...

20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I scuttled it by ramming it into an asteroid after the radiation from the reactor started to... bleach my plumage. Don't trust old human tech I guess. I'll leave out the screenshot (unless you explicitly ask, one exists) for this one because I didn't exactly look very handsome for the first few days after that.
    then came the part where they started to fall out!

Last edited: May 7, 2014