1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP RenTek; Project Armoury

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by Dilrax, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [​IMG] Your RenTek Corporation Tech Support Buddy. "What do you need help with? maybe i can fix it!"
    RenTek; Project Armoury
    Discussion Thread

Until the full Completion of "Project Armoury" This Discussion Thread was created as a place; where the initial mod Abbreviated as "PA" could be talked about and discussed openly along with mod Progression, Development Reports and Inquiry's.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

The RenTek Project.
    The "RenTek Project" is the Title banner for Equipment Mods Released by Dilrax and RenTek: Reni, to give the Collection of items Background Lore such as there origin, currently there are only two Mods under the Project Title, the First Instalment and Year 1 Mod "Reni's Armoury" and its Year 2 Continuation "Project Armoury".

About Project Armoury.
    "Project Armoury" Releasing under the full title of "RenTek; Project Armoury" as a Continuation of the initial Mod "Reni's Armoury", is the Second Instalment to come of the RenTek Project, the mod its self, Project Armoury; is a Revival of the first but with an entire new design, all previous weapons and equipment will be carried over to PA from RA and will receive a visual update while some will become entirely new weapons.

Project Armoury will feature new weapons among its Remakes and all will be themed and coloured more, to remove the old grey-scale designs from the vast Majority based on the weapons skin theme, weapons are divided into two groups, Human and Avali, although some might have a fusion of both creating a 3rd skin theme, they will still Revolve around the two major themes, Intractable stations added in by PA will also receive Custom UI Skins to give them a unique Design and feel compared to Vanilla game Crafting UI's, Noticeable Crafting UI's are the Main Armoury Crafting Stations and the Gallery.

its unconfirmed if there will be other features added in at this time, how ever this line of text is subject to change/edit in the event there is

Weapons/Tools:
    These are still Under slow Development with each one receiving the occasional alteration and tweak to the sprite from details to size and even design for some, each original classic has been redesigned with the new theme, while other weapons have been added in and more being created along the way during the reskin process of others, i will be even be going as far as adding some of the old announced weapons that were never added such as the Razor Energy Cannon (now called the "Razor FlashCannon") while other may receive an entire new design, the Avali based weapons will have two skins, the default white and a Dyeable Orange, currently the Dyeable skins are in use and should someone want the plain white skin's they are free to ask for an easy swap file from my self.
    [​IMG]
    Note: this is Not the Actual size of these weapons which have been bloated for easier viewing.
    The change behind the Theme of Some, primary the Pulsar and Nova Classed Weapons, is to flow more with the side Lore related to the mod series, more so the aspect of Reni's part and being an Avali, which is something i plan to influence more into the mod though items then just the lore.

The Gallery:
    Originally the Gallery was used to Display and show off upcoming Weapons and items per Each update, how ever that has been discarded and replaced with a new function, LORE, by now using the gallery you can preview every single item and background information related to the mod in the form of an Item card, this includes info about Current Weapons to the original Starting Sprites of each weapon, that's right, you can go all the way back to the very first Vulcan Chain-gun Sprite and as also mentioned other LORE cards will include information about Reni and my self (Dilrax) but is not limited to only us so be sure to keep your imagination open as you might find one on your self. ;)

Plans:
    Currently there are no plans to Add any more Stations and new weapons will come as the old are Redesigned, unfinished year 1 RA mod Items will be worked on and altered to be incorporated into PA somehow, some way, anything else i cant really think of...

Permission's Notice:
    You must get the author's consent before including anything of this mod in a Compilation or Unofficial Mod.
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets of this mod, Work in Progress or not.
    Any Accepted Help must still abide by the above Permissions.
    Accepted Assistants may not redistribute any given/provided Assets of Project Armoury unless to Author or other Assisting members.
    Anyone interested in Contributing/Helping out in some way is free to Ask but must Wait for Confirmation from Author first.

Alpha Testers:

Links:
    RenTek; Reni's Armoury (Discontinued) - the Previous Year 1 Mod and first of the RenTek Collection, for those interested in checking out some previous work.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Sakura Aurora Lunaris likes this.
  2. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

Sweet looking weapon art so far.

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

they are a bit of a step down in terms of detail compared to the year 1 mod weapons, which were also a little over sized which caused some issues from time to time... which is something i plan to work around by making the redesigns slightly smaller but at least i can add more colour to them and customization a little more too... and they look more gun like then some of the Y1's too hahahaha, so i think its a good trade off.
    [​IMG]

Marxon likes this.
  4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Do want thos eguns.

Dilrax likes this.
  5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

By the way, I'm working on a weaponized but functional mining laser, any suggestions on how to go about that Dilrax or Reni?

6. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

well i have two ideas... one somewhat complex and unique the other... an easy shortcut, it really depends on what kind of "mining laser" your after, mattergun like or laser projectile.

for laser projectile: you could probably design it similar to the last version of the "HyperSaw" i did, classed as a tool/sword but creates a projectile which does tile damage, it could probably be based off a drill which when used creates said projectile, assuming its still possible you should be able to lower/reduce entity damage but increase block/tile damage, setting piercing to true should also help.

the other idea, being the easier option would be to make a clone of the mattergun and use that, there was one i had done for Reni's Armoury which was a step up from the base game one and was bigger in its targeting area as a 4x4 square instead of the normal 3x3.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Ill try the first one, maybe I can use the scripted status effects to work it.

Also, hurry up on the big stuff, we got trouble:
    [​IMG]

Bad time to be caught snacking.

8. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Atlas Cannon's... The Solution to Big Problems.
    hey that's actually a pretty good slogan for them... and im working on it.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I spent a whole minute emptying lead into that, it shrugged it off like it was nothing!

I'm writing this from a covered up meteor crater, this thing won't freaking die!

10. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

that kinda gives me a rough idea on the damage output for the Atlas Cannons, though im still trying to get a working test version going... always one bizarre error after another with no indication as to what caused it in the first place x-x

11. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

First Official Weapon of Project Armoury is in the Works, From Sprite to a Working Weapon, possibly my new Favourite weapon too, its the Storm: Light Rifle, Still requires proper balancing and tweaks though.
    [​IMG]

Marxon likes this.
  12. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Current Progress Update and whats currently being worked on.

- Slowly piecing the weapons together, balancing is still the main issue.

- Avali themed weapons have alternative dye colours, silver by default on creation.

- Recreated Hypersaw again with avali based theme, appears more blade like instead of gun like.
    [​IMG]
    (Not actual Size)

- Pion Pistol is a weak 1 hand support weapon with a Stronger upgrade.

- Light Rifle works perfectly, needs to be nerfed a little in both damage and energy consumption.

- Kaz Swarm Launcher now has Auto-fire, compared to previous (missile launcher) fire-on-click, slightly lower damage.

- Tinkering with Atlas Cannons, no major change in performance from Original 'Reni's Armoury' versions.

- Tinkering with the Vulcan Chaingun and Minigun, will tinker with remaining Vulcan weapons afterwards.

- Designed a couple Decorative items, need to take a close look at object files and fix known issue, game seems to reject and dislike them for an unknown reason, evident due to crash when added in.

- Experimenting with a Vanity Armor Set, Body Frames completed, working in Arms, Dubbed as "Shark Bait", Designed for base game body shape with no addional features such as vanilla, human, apex, avian, ect.

- Gallery now used as an Info guide with added lore, added additional Lore to item cards featured in gallery.

13. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Still making adjustments and changes to weapons, looking at releasing around the end of the month if not Christmas Day (Australian Central Time Zone)

Dark_Technician likes this.
  14. etherealblade

etherealblade Phantasmal Quasar

Wait...is this mod...coming back? This is quite the excitement!

15. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

yes, it is returning, though not everything will be the same like I was from 'Renis Armoury' but it does feature a few more weapons and all redesigned, I might even include the old weapons as a collective thing or something as they are included in the Gallery which gives a little bit of background lore.[DOUBLEPOST=1450148602][/DOUBLEPOST]a few more weapon sneak peeks for you guys.
    on the left we have the new
    Wave Rifle Design, in the middle is the Nova Shock Rifle, and the blue on the right is a Specially Modified Version of the Nova Shock Rifle.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Remind me to add this to my starbound server, when I stop being stupidly lazy and update it...

17. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Current Update Notes.

- Updated Info Page with New Information
    - Added Updated Weapon Display (as shown Below)
    - Created External Update Information Source using Twitter
    (@RenTekDilrax)
    - Created a New Melee Weapon, The Ripper, Little Brother to the HyperSaw.
    - Created Unique Versions of the Ripper and Shock Rifle.
    - Added More Item Lore to Gallery.
    - Reduced weapon Damage across multiple Weapons by 15%
    - Reduced Energy Cost across a few weapons by 10%
    - Buffed the HyperSaw's Max Damage to Compensate for Gap Between the Ripper's Low but Fast Damage.
    - Added the
    Nova Shock Rifle.
    - Added the
    Nova Neutron Rifle.
    - Renamed the
    Nova Cannon to Nova Neutron Rifle, Rounds Still need the Poison Buff and Green colour Hue.
    - Sonic Cannon can Pierce walls, Also damages Enemy's Next User even if behind the Gun.
    - Razor Shotgun pierce's Enemy's Now.
    - Razor BoltGun does not pierce Enemy's, inflicts minor Splash damage instead.
    - Razor FlashCannon pierce's Walls and Enemy's, is Extremely Short Ranged though.
    - Vulcan Minigun has less spray when firing, does ok damage.
    - Pion Pistol has an upgraded version with Automatic Firing, no longer requires a super-itchy trigger clicking finger.
    - Shark bait Vanity armour Set added in, still requires arms, fully animated other wise, Hands will be a "Fist" classed weapon.

[​IMG]

18. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

Time for my imput!

- Adding additional Jams to rock out to.
    - Rebuilding the Media Station.

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Music?!

^w^

20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Finally took a look at the new weapons system.

I don't know about reni, but I'm going to be spending the next week building things like.

Mining laser
    Sticky turret launcher
    Guided flechette combat rifle
    Elemental laser disco death disc launcher
    Proton collider cannon
    Fuel air rocket launcher
    Napalm flamethrower
    Arc Cannon
    A proper grappling hook
    Singularity Cannon
    Medi Gun
    Freeze Ray

I'm so excited I could squeal! So excited I could...

:zzz: