1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: [Delta] Armoury - [Discontinued] [Delta] v1

Only a New PSA... go read.

1. CosmicAvelyn

CosmicAvelyn Space Hobo

Hey guys!
    So, I just downloaded your new mod update, and deleted the previous version's folder... but now I'm encountering an issue:
    [​IMG]

I don't know what this means, nor how to fix it. Help?[DOUBLEPOST=1451804698][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ah, never mind! I'd downloaded the wrong thing .-. Great mod~!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

in future when reporting an issue could you please goto the following folder directory: /Starbound/giraffe_storage/ and copy the contents of the "starbound.txt" log file, because with out seeing what the issue is actually is as recorded inside the log file, screen shots like this don't help with determining the problem, but were still more then happy to help you solve any issues you have in the future. ^^

3. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

After installing your mod, I noticed that I couldn't spawn tenants, so I checked with vanilla items and it wouldn't spawn too ( so it isn't a problem with Avali tags), and after returning to a point before installing it I spawned a tenant normally,.

Thus there's a chance your tags are wrong/outdated, I'll post my starbound.log here.

Attached Files:

4. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

im noticing multiple times the same error line is mentioned in your log here:
    Code:
    [20:08:40.781] Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/colony/colonydeed/colonydeed.lua"]:342: (TenantException) Error loading tenant '/tenants/special/avikankeffrider.tenant': (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("colonyTagCriteria")
    which refers to the "Avikan Race Mod" you have installed, you may want to copy this error line and post it to the Avikan Mod maker just to let them know, as our tenant NPC's have been tested along side the avali mod and seemed to work perfectly fine through vigorous testing, i doubt there is a mod incompatibility or that our mod is the initial issue, though it is a massive clue as to what your problem is and i do have a solid answer and solution for you.

Remove your Installed Avikan Race Mod, the reason behind why you cant spawn NPC's with our Project Armoury installed and most probably even with out it, is because of the Error line i pointed out above related to the Avikan mod, after installing the Avikan race mod my self to test this, i placed down 3 colony deeds in suitable area's which worked before hand and i received the same error line with no NPC's spawning.

while im at it i also noticed this error line as well:
    Code:
    [20:08:05.176] Error: Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/tsmd_noticemakingtable/tsmd_noticema..."]:3: attempt to index a nil value (global 'object')
    which refers to the TSMD_Signs.modpak you have, you also may want to give them a heads up about that one too just to be sure.

5. baconsama25

Thank you, but I've deleted the Avikan already, so that script is bound to the save, any ways of removing it, or should I install a newer version when the bug is corrected? And thanks for the detailed reply, I'll tell them.

6. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

its still playable ether way, but while you have the Avikan mod installed with out the fix for that issue you wont be able to spawn npcs with deeds, if the mod doesn't play a huge part in your main save you could probably just play with out it while you wait for the fix.

7. baconsama25

Well, maybe I was confusing, but I mean as I only loaded that save with Avikan once or twice, and then deleted the mod. So when I gave you the starbound.log, it was already wiped out from my mods folder. Plus after deleting RenTek I managed to place a NPC normally, maybe it's some kind of conflict due to a problem of coding from their files? I'll make a short run later without both and placing an NPC and read the .log, maybe it will help out.

Either way, do you know how I can edit the player files so I can delete those scripts from my saves? Even if I manage to get over the error, old mods attached to the files can still be a potential headache in upcoming features/mods.

8. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

when i added the avikan to my own list of active mods, the only error i had was the same one i found in your log, and to answer your question about editing player files... i don't actually know about doing that, i mean its possible but you need the right kind of program to know what your doing with out corrupting the file...

9. baconsama25

Well, I spawned a floran tenant without issues on the ship, but got three errors and at least one is due to Avikan, going to contact them.

Attached Files:

10. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

11. baconsama25

There are two energy cores ( or somewhat like that ) in the armory crafting list, one requires some basic materials and another requires quite advanced ones as well another energy core, so at least one of the recipes aren't proper. If needed I can post a screenshot later, or my starbound.log.

12. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

no that's normal, no issue there, the Gamma Core is an upgrade of the Energy core, which is used for more powerful weapons, they can ether be crafted or obtained as a Rare drop from both RenTek NPC's, you will notice some weapons require a previous weapon, due to being an "upgrade"

13. baconsama25

But it doesn't read as Gamma core, and after I crafted it it wasn't recognized as one either. To prove my point, when I did put it in the uncrafter ( a mod that lets you savage items for it's components), it entered an eternal loop, so the recipe/crafting station is wrong, I used the one from robotic crafting table, if it helps.

14. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

Weird... it must have been something Reni noticed and fixed on *Our* current version's as i dont see anything out of place looking at both item recipes, which would mean next update will probably include that fix, how ever even if the recipe on the released versions is "Broken", you can still obtain a Gamma Core from the NPC's, a little harder but you have a pretty good chance since we increased the minimum chance in the last update.

15. RenTek: Reni

Oh yeah i fixed that, also expect a minor update sometime soon...

16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

17. RenTek: Reni

Sorry about causing issues for anyone if i have.

18. Dark_Chaos

Dark_Chaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

excuse me but what station do I use to craft the station used in this mod?
    I trusted that it would be under "stations" on the first post of this discussion but that tab seems to be empty.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    EDIT: I found it, it's on the robotic crafting table, you should really put that down, and second you should have a wiki with all the items and explanations on how to get them because there's this one item I see mentioned as an ingredient but I don't see any way to craft it so I don't know how to get it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  19. RenTek: Reni

the main crafting station which has two versions, a Wall and Floor options can be crafted from an anvil, metalwork station, robotic station or another rentek station but if you could be more specific on which "item" it is you see mentioned as an ingredient but don't know how to obtain said item, we would be more then happy to help you with it though as for this wiki idea though it was something we thought about a long while back we see our mod as being still too small for that kind of thing.

20. Dark_Chaos

Dark_Chaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

The item in question is the unidentified holo scroll