Race Rencontrer les Gemétoile! [Updated 11/20]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ghostar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

If politeness is something all Gemétoile take very seriously I don't think the Novakid's use of guns would be their main problem with them, you might want to change that.

2. Mushie

Mushie Phantasmal Quasar

Guns can be polite?
    (I probary missunderstood what you said tho)

3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

We don't have any info on the novas other then they are a cowboy inspired race. The reason they dislike them is because of the use of firearms. The gems are a primarily melee race.

4. Cramdawg

Cramdawg Sandwich Man

These guys are amazing! :D I really hope to see them as an ingame and playable race! If you keep up the good work and keep expanding on them, the devs could add it to the game! :)

5. MoonyJello

From what we know about Novakid I think it'd be fair to say that they are a little bit childish.

Their short attention span and patience could lead to awkward moments in conversation, and according to the thread they aren't exactly politically correct. Now childishness and politically correctness don't directly correlate to politeness, but I think you can agree that it's not too far off. They wouldn't be rude as in the sense of being vulgar or cheeky, but more immature and the like.

And if the Gemétoile would actually banish someone for rudeness I do think the Novakid's puerile demeanor might strike home with them. I can understand the Gemétoile not liking them because of their dislike for guns, but the Novakid's mindset is important to them too.

...and this doesn't have to do with the race themselves but if you want to look at their inspiration, cowboys weren't the nicest guys...justsayin...

6. lukeib618

lukeib618 Void-Bound Voyager

considering decorative items for races, i'll get my formal clothes from the Gemétoile

7. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I want to see these guys, the Zaahir, the DragoKnights, The Darkbound and the Gillians in the game. I think just about all the bases would be covered then and we'd all be a lot more epic for it.

Edit: Almost forgot the Oscura and Glunaughts, lol

8. Model QT-377665

I still want this to be added into the game.

9. Xenalith

Xenalith Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the whole thing Ghost, I just kinda have to hate on how I instantly think of Novakids when I see them.
    I think if you made their skin less shiny, but the actual bits that are gems to stand out more, not sure.
    ...but having their whole body glow just seems to resemble Novakids.

10. Your race has only 41 up votes including mine? Wow, it deserves WAY more!
    I really do like their lore, just love the design and my good God the clothing... I'll do anything to get that plague mask for myself.
    This is a great example of a race that I would enjoy playing very much, just as the @Jonesy Roos race.
    Great job @Ghostar

Model QT-377665, Jonesy and dhxmg like this.
  11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

[​IMG]

Just showing off a small update, been working on the Gens Building style, Archways, archways everywhere!

12. Model QT-377665

Yay! More things!

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  13. Aavri

Aavri Title Not Found

Keep updating and putting all your heart in it :D show that you care cause we do!

We love this race ^-^

dhxmg, Model QT-377665 and Ghostar like this.
  14. HippiG

HippiG Big Damn Hero

I want to test it on My Mp server :love:

15. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

Question: Are there going to be any long hair for the Gemies

16. Bearo

Bearo Contact!

What you all need it the leaches, they can cure all your sickness!

17. Silverduke1

leaches in starbound would either be very difficult to see or very large

18. MoonyJello

There's nothing to test, it's not a mod.

19. Silverduke1

actually it is read the very end of the first post

20. MoonyJello

Is this what you mean?

I don't see anything.