Removing Fector's Challenge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Linio, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Star Wrangler

If you're really bent out of shape about 100% completion percentages, then I suggest looking at Skinner's Box. You can tell when the Skinner Box has you when you feel compelled to complete something that doesn't ultimately matter or feel good to do.

I bring this up as someone who was addicted to MMORPGs and achievement hunting during the Xbox 360 era. I wasted 7 years of my life prioritizing things that did not ultimately matter, but I felt an uncontrollable compulsion to continue doing them anyways.

THIS MIGHT NOT BE YOU, but if you feel a bizarre force that pushes you to do things you dislike for the sake of completion, I highly suggest investigating Skinner's Box.

• RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic Intergalactic Tourist

Nah I'll give it up sooner or later, it's just infuriating that's all. Love the calmness of the game and the variety but this is just the one thing bugging me as I'm sitting at 99%.

I'm not a trophy hunter or hound but this is the only one where I'm one trophy away.

The other games I play I usually automatically know if I want to grind for it and it's usually a nope for an answer.

I personally wouldn't want it removed just tweaked.

I mean If I knew a lucky day would enhance my chances on Fector that would be cool but apparently that's not the case.

• RoyalHolic

I ended up finally getting it.

It is doable but excruciatingly painful.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Starting myself with that F***ing mess of a trophy that has no logical reason in this kind of game and is making me wonder what kind of illegal grass the dev were smoking before they had the idea to.
          Any advice to make it with my sanity intact before that sh*t tank any good opinion I had about SV ?

• RoyalHolic

It's really really really really luck based, and not enhanced if you have a "lucky day in SDV".

Best advice is to always go for coins in the first stage, always try and keep a powerup in inventory when things get hairy and always go for the sheriff's badge.

After a few hours you should have no problem getting to Stage 2-2 with no deaths albeit it's still hard. 2-3 was the nightmare for me it was extremely hard to get out of that without dying it's all about using your powerups up at the right time.

When you upgrade ALWAYS go Ammo Box for the first two upgrades unless you're swimming in coins which is unlikely.

Also don't listen to anyone and say quit if you don't have the first ammo box after stage 1-2 you don't need it that early as I got my first upgrade after 1-4 and it worked out for me.

• Remus_

Remus_ Space Hobo

This trophy indeed HAS TO BE DELETED. AND I'VE ALREADY MADE IT (PS4). I don't think it is useful and has nothing to see with the game itself. Worst, it is against any mental health. How can this relaxing game have the most nazi trophy ever? Please, dear producers, consider this... I don't give a damn about losing the trophy. I really think about other anxious people trying to make it day after day without rest... compulsive people can't just ignore it.