Remove the random name generator for weapons.

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Rujiel, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I have enjoy the random names. They're entertainin to me,and it's even better when you find a rare Kisspuncher or DudeBroSmasher. It's just fun, although I can understand that some may want serious names.

2. Yavga

Yavga Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with the initial idea. I have a few awesome weapons, but I do not know the name of a single item. That's different in other games.

3. rty8440

rty8440 Void-Bound Voyager

I shall use this from now on. Thank you.

4. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I think that the random name generator could use a rework.
    For starters, the brand names seen in gun and staff names (Such as Xia-Li, Graxus, Shade.Co...) should actually tell SOMETHING about the weaponss themselves. For starters, each brand could have their own naming conventions so, for example, moronic-sounding names among the lines of "DudebroSmasher" would correspond with a brand that tends to, in-universe, market their weapons towards idiots who would be amused by such ridiculous names. Other brand would tend towards using humorous names that, rather than relying on lame humor, would tend towards making puns and using black humor for their weapons (For example, an Assault rifle with Spray 'n' Pray made by said company would be named something like "Mass Widowmaker").

Cen Silver likes this.
  5. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, that wasn't what the suggestion was already??

I don't care either way, but it sounds like no more than 2 hours of work.. so I think they should do it.

edit: why don't you just use black font, like normal people?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  6. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try "Manufacturer's touch" (Forums / Workshop), Long story short, it makes random weapon generation as in Borderlands series, making a "Graxus" weapon extremely different from a "Xia-li" one, not just in their lore, but also in their stats and mechanics.

Just to give you a sneak peek of the upcoming content, go and read the post section: