1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Help Remove shadows from placed items?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tangeriney, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

should i just let it go lol

1. yes, it's not worth the effort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no, if you have an idea it's important to figure it out, even if it can't be done

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. tangeriney

tangeriney Aquatic Astronaut

I may be a bit out of my depth here. I've been trying to figure out how to remove shadows from items when they're placed on furniture. The shadows are just a bit too strong and for something I'm trying to do it looks awful. I thought at first they were a part of the item sprites themselves, but when I went to edit them I realized this isn't the case.

I figured out that they use the regular shadow.xnb when placed (ie: on a table). Is there a simple way to edit this so that the shadow does not appear on placed items ONLY?

I've never done any type of game coding before, but I feel like if someone could even just help me find the bit of code that makes this happen so that I can take a look at it, I'd feel better.

Honestly, for what I'm trying to do I'm sure it's not worth the effort, but... I'm special and I need things to look just right ;P In any case, part of me just needs to know if it CAN be done.

Thanks!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Removing shadows just on furniture is doable, but would require some heavy-handed manipulations, for a first C# project I would not recommend it.

tangeriney likes this.