Modding Help Remove playable races?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nanospliccer, May 13, 2019.

1. Nanospliccer

Nanospliccer Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to make a server in which all of the Frackin' Universe and Elithian races can spawn in-world due to the setup of mods that I have. Due to support reasons, though, I don't necessarily want every one of the FU or ElR to show up in character creation. I've looked and found a solution that involves the code { "_merge" : [ [ "delete", "index" ] ], "playerSpecies" : false } placed in a <racename>.species file but, as suggested and in a vacuum that's not actually working, giving me a JSON error about ("Kind") that I can reproduce and post the full log if needed. I was wondering how a small mod could be created to remove them from the character creation menu without removing them entirely from the game.

2. rallymoose

rallymoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do have a similar question/problem. How can i make a mod (or maybe there is already, that removes the Human race from the character creation screen (removing it completely would also work) ?

3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I havent modded in a long time, but there should be a file I think in the interface folder somewhere that list which species show on the character creation menu. You just need to patch the file to remove the species you do not want showing, then give it a high priority so it loads after the mod that adds the species.