Remove Crib/Child Beds?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Raijyn, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

I'm personally not interested in having children in the game, as I have no such interest in real life, so having a room fully decked out and dedicated to just that seems odd, and is an eyesore and space-waster. I'm using it as a brewery room right now, but I'd love for that crib and those beds to be gone to use the space more efficiently.

So, what I'm asking is if there are any mods out there that remove the crib and child beds, and if not, would it be possible to do it in the first place? Preferably without the use of SMAPI too. I know there are some farm/home editing mods out there that don't require SMAPI to use them.

Thanks in advance. ;)

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I'm pretty sure the crib and beds are set in the map file inside the .xnb for whichever house you have, so it should definitely be removable. Can you send me a screenshot of what your house looks like (on the inside) in game so I can find the right one and edit it?

Ajajane and Raijyn like this.
      • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

You'd do that? Awesome! You're very kind. c:

Give me a moment to get that screenshot, I'll edit it into this post.

Edit; Here it is;
        [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
        • Jinxiewinxie

There is a zip folder attached with both FarmHouse2 and Farmhouse2_marriage .xnb's. (In case you have the 2nd upgrade that comes with a crib *or* you have the 2nd upgrade while being married that comes with a crib). You'll want to back up your old Farmhouse2.xnb and Farmhouse2_marriage.xnb and then replace the originals with the ones from the .zip folder. They go in Stardew Valley\Content\Maps ^_^

Enjoy your child-free lifestyle with bonus room to match!

EDIT: Also please let me know if you're not a fan of the flooring or walls. I assumed you wouldn't want the kid-related stuff and just replaced it with the wall and flooring from the room next door. I can change this though, so let me know ^_^

Attached Files:

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks a million! I really appreciate it, and it might be worth posting this up as a mod for others who don't want children.

And, huh... are the floors and walls not replacable with flooring and wallpaper that you buy? If not, no worries, I could probably edit it to a flooring/wall of my choosing. I'm apt enough at doing visual edits, but removing objects completely is something else. If it's more complicated that I anticipate, though, I'll be sure to let you know. :3

(by the way, just noticed you're the author of the blush and kitty scarecrow mods. I use both, great work. :up:)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
            • Kyrislian

Kyrislian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wanted to say, so much love for this! I *definitely* am not interested in having kids either so a mod like this is a godsend! It'll be awesome though if the wallpaper and flooring can be changed as well? But in any case this mod is such a must-have. I'll be pointing my friends to this, thank you so much!

• Jinxiewinxie

Thank you both ^_^ I'm looking into the wall paper and flooring deal and will reply here with any updates. As far as I know, which walls and floors are changeable is dealt with in the code, but if the crib room is by default able to be wall papered and the floor able to be changed, then I should be able to make the map edit I uploaded that way too. I need to do a little more research and then I'll let you know what I find.

xbambix and Raijyn like this.
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Jinxie, you make me want to abandon my kids.

Does anyone have a screenshot of this?
                  Also if you figure out the wallpaper change, would the map be affected if quantum did this to his farmhouse extension mod?

Edit: Lol, its certainly not necessary with the extra room. But i only had children to fill the space.

Maybe just no crib after the son grows out of it?

• Jinxiewinxie

Can you guys upload your saves to this thread so that I can test the wallpaper and flooring situation? I seem to be able to change the wallpaper and floors just fine in the saves I've tested but most of these are upgrade 3 instead of 2 or 2_marriage.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                    • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Tested it out today, and the beds and crib are successfully gone! Also, turns out I won't need to be editing anything, as I can just buy wallpapers/floors to decorate the room as I please, no problemo. I can also place objects where the beds/crib used to be without issue.

I understand, however, if you want to give the room a "default" look upon upgrading to the final house, but otherwise it works great. Thanks again. c:

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                      • cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

LOVE IT cant wait to enjoy a childless house ^_^

mehtare lingolien likes this.
                        • Jack Nevermore

Jack Nevermore Void-Bound Voyager

Just how freaking great is this?! <3 I finally have a reason to upgrade. I don't want any kids either :) Thanks a ton!!!

• Kodex

Kodex Void-Bound Voyager

Oooh thank god, this is what I've been looking for.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I did the same thing with mine but I have the bathroom mod so if anyone needs that version, I've attached it below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2016
                              • daffodil

daffodil Space Hobo

Thank you, Jinxiewinxie! It's awesome! :love:

• Androxilogin

I made all sorts of variations on Nexus a while back if it isn't listed here.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Are you the one who made this mod? Thank you SO much! This was the first mod I ever installed for this game, it was wonderful to get rid of that horrid nursery. Robin's strong hints at wanting grandchildren were not well received. lol

My gloriously child-free house from my last save: House Fall Year 5 New Furniture.jpg

• Androxilogin

It was one of my first mods inspired by this thread, thanks for enjoying! I also had some complaints so I made this one as well although it's kinda screwy. (Having kids; they float in the room where the crib was, can't replace wallpaper or flooring.) I never plan on having kids on my save either so I was extremely glad it worked out and it also inspired me to work further on other mods.

maellyth and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                      • candicimo

candicimo Space Hobo

Sorry for the necro, but can this be used with 1.1?

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd also like to know if these are still compatible :)