Modding Discussion Release - Basic Recipe Editor

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Silmaril.SE, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Silmaril.SE

Silmaril.SE Astral Cartographer

Note! This is a preview release. Use at your own risk!

This is Rough. And I mean rough, but it does work - I've done a fair bit of testing, but..well, this is homemade software.

Place the two files anywhere you like. When it first fires up it will complain about checking paths. Browse for your Starbound.config file, and it'll do the rest.

You can edit recipes, material files, and crafting object files at the moment. Some things may not work as planned. THIS JUST EDITS THE ORIGINAL FILES IN PLACE. If it screws up, you will need to replace the files yourself. (Verify game integrity in steam will reset your game to Vanilla).

The files are in a googledrive folder here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBUpAkiG87ha09OSzVWRjFHSlU/edit?usp=sharing

This is more a proof of concept more than anything else, but some people might find a use for it. Next will be the ability to create recipes from scratch.

example screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisUmbra

ChrisUmbra Void-Bound Voyager

This is really neat, is it possible to save the recipes somewhere else without overwriting the already existing files?

3. G3rman

G3rman Big Damn Hero

Very cool. Hopefully this gets sent to the proper sub-forum to make it easy to find again for new releases.

4. Silmaril.SE

Not yet, but that's one of the next things - though trying to figure out the best way of doing it isn't easy!

ChrisUmbra likes this.
  5. Silmaril.SE

I hadn't even noticed there was a release sub forum! oops.