Registering on Starbounder

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by loopnotdefined, Feb 23, 2016.

1. loopnotdefined

loopnotdefined Starship Captain

I've been trying to register an account with Starbounder, but everything seems to indicate that it's currently locked to everybody but admins. Is this the case? And if not, is there another method for getting registered on Starbounder?

I'd love to help out in any way I can, and am familiar with sticking to existing formats as much as possible. Here's two examples of some previous wikis I've worked on:
    Wowpedia - LoopNotDefined Contributions
    Sword of the New World (this wiki almost entirely by me - game is now defunct)

Katzeus likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Seems the whole wiki is protected. I was already registered, but I am unable to make any changes.

3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We had some spam bots hit the wiki last week and ended up protecting the site to limit that. It got cleaned up and updated the software to a new version (it was only one version behind). I'm working on a more solid captica right now and making sure there's no other issues with the update, it will likely be opened back up by tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest in helping out. I'll give you an update here when you can register and start editing stuff.

Dunto, loopnotdefined and lazarus78 like this.
  4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Alright! (Sorry for the double post, I wanted to notify).

The wiki should be editable/register-able again if you want to give it a try. Make a post here if you run into any issues getting setup.

loopnotdefined and lazarus78 like this.
  5. loopnotdefined

loopnotdefined Starship Captain

Cool, it's definitely working! Thank you, and sorry you've had to deal with all the spam nonsense.