OOC Regardless(Apps Closed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by CondescendedWow, May 11, 2016.

?

Like the Idea?

1. Hell Yeah!

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Nah it Could Use Work.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Noooo Way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes but It's Not AMAZING.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Yes, as little memes as you can manage would be nice lol

camerox and Arra like this.
  2. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

The furthest it will go is like half a jontron reference every few days

3. CondescendedWow

That's... A lot lower than I thought actually, I'm fine if you make a reference or meme every once in a while just don't let it get in the way of your character progressing in the RP and junk.

4. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I must now get back to developing the character behind the voice instead of sleeping

camerox, Arra and CondescendedWow like this.
  5. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Alrighty! I changed Thorn's backstory. I also changed a little bit of their personality (not by much though).

camerox, Arra and CondescendedWow like this.
  6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

LOOKS AND IDENTITY
    Name:
    Victor “Timberwolf’ Somerset
    Gender/Orientation: Male
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Timberwolf seems to have stepped out of a cyberpunk western, his duster coat and wide-brimmed hat clashing somewhat with his cybernetic arm and eyes. His grey coat bears a distinctive design on the right shoulder, and his bulky prosthetic left arm barely fits into the sleeve of his coat.

SELF-IDENTITY AND HISTORY
    Personality:
    As expected of a marksman, he is patient and disciplined; and regularly insists on careful planning before committing to action.
    Strengths:
    -Designated Marksman: He favours a accurate rifle in gunfights, and a pistol for backup, preferring engagements at long range.
    -Navigator: He always seems to know the way, and usually keeps a map and compass at hand.
    -Cybernetic Enhancements: Both his eyes and left arm have been replaced with cybernetic prosthetics. His eyes provide improved low light vision and a retinal display for augmented reality, his arm has improved strength, mainly allowing him more stable shots with his rifle; his arm also contains a retractable blade, so he is never without a weapon.
    Weaknesses:
    -Code of Honour: He feels duty-bound to follow a strict set of principals, including ’No one left behind’, ‘Respect others, even enemies’, (Though dishonourable enemies deserve a bullet) and is willing to fight and even die for a cause he sees as ‘right’. Others might see this as foolish and old-fashioned.
    -Insomniac: He couldn’t tell you the last time he had a decent night of sleep, and regularly relies on stimulants to maintain some level of alertness.
    -Vulnerable Cyberware: His prosthetics are poorly shielded, leaving him susceptible to EMP weapons. Also, should they be damaged, he cannot simply ‘heal’ those wounds, and must seek repairs.
    Backstory: A former soldier who chose to retire after being gravely wounded in action. He was able to receive cybernetic prosthetics to replace what he had lost, but he felt he should settle down for a more quite life. Before long, he became bored with the ‘quiet life’, and decided to travel to Vergak in search of an adventure.

STATS (1-10)
    Combat Stats
    Melee Weapon Skill:
    Ranged Weapon Skill: 10
    Hand-To-Hand: 2
    Agility: 4
    Constitution: 4

Transferable Stats
    Intelligence:
    Speed: 4
    Strength: 6
    Charisma: 5
    Luck: 3

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Ok, I'm gonna do it this time. FIRST RP. Now to just work on the character...

8. CondescendedWow

Great application! I'll mark him down in the OP

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Name: Aden
    Gender/Orientation: Male
    Race(non-canon races allowed): Avali
    Appearance: That place where Lodish puts his stuff... Here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...e-lodish-posts-his-stuff.112976/#post-2881786
    It's the commission he made for me.
    Light grey feathers, turquoise, and a golden trim.

Personality: Aden is one of the people always looking for an adventure. Not a "jump out of a plane without your parachute" adventure that would end with you dead, but enough to get some adrenaline pumping. Also a very friendly person who likes music and big guns.
    Strengths: Very smart. Very logical, knows how to solve a problem

A decent shooter. Can nail a moving target fairly easily.

A very healthy individual who rarely gets sick.

Weaknesses: can't exactly throw a punch.

Can get distracted by something if not focused.

Not very good with melee weapons, but is capable of doing some damage.

Sometimes too friendly...

Backstory:
    Aden was a survivor of a freak accident when a cargo ship's quantum drive malfunctioned, sending one half of the ship flying into an uncontrolled wormhole (with most of the crew) and the other half crashing on a ocean planet. He was rescued by a human military dropship transporting supplies from the planet. Luckily for him, the humans he encountered didn't want him dead. He later joined the military out of gratitude for not leaving him for dead and volunteered to go to Vergak to find an opportunity to help someone out.

STATS
    Combat Stats
    Melee Weapon Skill: 4
    Ranged Weapon Skill: 7
    Hand-To-Hand: 2
    Agility: 5
    Constitution: 7

Transferable Stats
    INTELLIGENCE: 7
    SPEED: 5
    STRENGTH: 5
    CHARISMA: 3
    LUCK: 5

NOTES:
    Has a small battle rifle with 5 clips of extra ammo.
    Has a SMG with 3 extra clips.
    Has a combat knife and some light armor and also a HUD in a helmet.

Tell me if I screwed anything up.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Arra, camerox and CondescendedWow like this.
  10. CondescendedWow

1. His backstory says that he landed on Vergak in a different way than what I'm planning, basically I was just gonna put you guys on a colony ship full of volunteers that lands in Prosper
    2. It looks like you accidentally deleted the stats section and retyped it, but that's not really an issue I'm just weird and it bothers me visually

So yeah, fix his backstory to make it a little more personal instead of "so he crashed on the planet" and that's pretty much it, it's great for a first RP app.

Arra and camerox like this.
  11. Jirky-Kake

Oh. Does that mean I'd have to change my backstory as well? Thorn wound up on the planet due to a crash before he was hatched.

12. CondescendedWow

Yeah that would be a good plan, this way at least you'll all be able to interact with each other early on instead of wandering around all alone.

13. Jirky-Kake

Re-edited. X3

14. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll make a character :rofl:
    ...Finally

Arra likes this.
  15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Oh, Quita. Yeah I meant to leave Miraa short on points. And is it fine that I left her backstory with a kinda blank ending?

camerox and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  16. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I added a picture to my app

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I'm pretty sure I fixed it, and also I have NO idea why that face was in the speed stat.

18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Because D: = D :

camerox and Dragonclaw like this.
  19. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Haha! Holy crap you nearly nailed it!

camerox likes this.