1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Refund

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Annelies, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annelies

Annelies Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like a refund on my pre-order. Who exactly do I need to contact in order to make this happen?

2. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Why do you want a refund?

3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

4. Annelies

I don't really need to give you a reason but I'll say that the money could go to other things and I'm willing to wait for the actual game to be released then I'll re-purchase it then.

I've sent an email out to both addresses and I still haven't gotten a response. I don't know how long the average wait time is but I'm hoping I get my money back soon. By the way, you know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to White Knights. Exactly what I'm talking about. Hehe.

5. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

It will probably take a bit for them to get your message and reply then start working with you to get you the refund. They seem to be really good about getting people who want a refund their refunds (I know someone who got one). I would guess that it would take anywhere from a few hours to a day or two depending on various factors for them to get back to you about your refund. Best of luck.

6. Just be aware that when the game is full released it will cost more as announced, they offer refunds but it costs them money with the Transaction they must get back, so when it is for ask refunds people should consider such thing if there isn't really a motive for request it. ^^

7. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could always wait for the amazing steam sales :3

LeifGram, linkthegamer and Bacon like this.
  8. Annelies

Thank you for the responses. I also sent @Tiyuri a tweet. Hopefully that speeds things up a little.

failcake likes this.
  9. Royced

Royced Title Not Found

On a similar note, I had sent a request for a refund so that I can purchase the Gold tier, as I'm currently pixel. It's been a week without response, I sent an email to both 'support' and 'rewards'.

Annelies likes this.
  10. Annelies

Aww man.

In any case, I also sent an email to the Humble Bundle just in case I get ignored by Chucklefish (Which I don't think is likely but just in case) and I hope Humble Bundle works something out with me.

Royced likes this.
  11. Royced

Royced Title Not Found

I think I might do the same. In the long I understand that the developers are too busy to handle all refunds and purchase-upgrades in a short span of time, so I'm not upset or angry.

12. Annelies

Still no response from either of them.

I'll let you know when I get one.

13. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Hey sorry about this. I'm generally the person to take care of the support@ and rewards@ e-mail addresses. My main computer was on the fritz up until yesterday, and I don't have those e-mails set up on my laptop, so I hadn't gotten to your e-mail yet. You can expect a reply in a few hours.

Annelies likes this.
  14. Annelies

Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.