1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet 2.0k (Upbeat Giraffe)

RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet - A hovering and improved Gravity Bubble tech

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

teihoo submitted a new mod:

RedPack Tech - RedPack Tech - A hovering and improved Gravity Bubble

Read more about this mod...

2. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Additional note for doing some experiments: in redpack.lua there's a parameter for speed multiplier, it's currently set to 1.1 and controls horizontal (left and right) movement speed - change this value for more/less speed increase. The downward acceleration is set to 0.5 multiplier and is hardcoded, because you already get some acceleration from gravity.

3. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

idea for if you figure out what causes the W-A disable, make it so instead of W-A it's either S-W or A-D. amazing when bugs can be turned into features

4. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Ooops. Thats's supposed to be W and S (or up and down simultaneously) - also fixed in description now. Its because i did not specify a funtion for this combination and so it will turn it off. Which is kinda cool really, since there's no other way to turn it off (for now), but to land.

A-D used to be defined so i had it like hover mode (before the no-button hovering), Im still keen on keeping that, as to prevent some accidental disables during use.... but will give in under preasure :p

5. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

haha, very well then, i've been needing a better paced replacement for aMannus's creative flight anyways, going to give it a shot now. and as to AD hover mode, if all else fails, there's also F.

6. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I will look into adding "F" as the on/off key, thanks for suggestion. Right now I just went with the way Gravity Bubble works.

7. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

@Neths just did a quick color swap at work, see if you like it - if not, tell me some more details ;) (ie. darker, lighter, less pink hehe)
    Also recolored the particles.

Attached Files:

8. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

teihoo updated RedPack Tech with a new update entry:

Mechanics update + new folder (remove old one, if you installed v1.0!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Anyone interested in making an animation of the carpet sprite for me? I got the original Flying Carpet image from @MrMock, so now all you need to do is animate it :) Of course, all credits will be noted.

My very poor graphic skills only managed to add those ugly wiggling tails ...
    (WIP of the Flying Carpet mod - which is a skin rework of the RedPack mod)
    [​IMG]

Any help with the animation is greatly appreciated :) Just send me a PM if you're willing to give it a shot.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  10. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

Honestly I think that's a really good animation. Also, On topic about the mod, This is something I've been wanting. Thanks alot.

11. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Well, thanks :) I still do want it floating like though :) Anyway here's the beta.

EDIT: Added Flying Carpet to the mod - just download new version, and you'll have both techs.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  12. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

13. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

14. Tenshyn

Tenshyn Seal Broken

hi, it's strange i can't find it in my crafting list in "c" and also table , i've got many mods and non give me trouble , i don't use tabula rasa but it's not a requirement .

teihoo likes this.
  15. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

16. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

You're right. Sorry for that. should appear under Basic Crafting now.

17. Tenshyn

Tenshyn Seal Broken

thanks for the fast reply good work.

teihoo likes this.
  18. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Did a mistake with v1.3, I accidently included recipes from my installation, where I only make them available throught Tabula Rasa. I'm sort of making a mod pack with quite a bit of mods, so I changed all cheat ones to appear in Tabula Rasa only, and the rest of the crafting UI's looks like there's no mods :p I'll be more careful next time :)

19. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Oooh closing in on 500 downloads, who would have thought o_O I should make a scafold now or something ....

20. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot