Red Space Monkey Contest Entry - The Throgs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Red Space Monkey, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Would definitely make for an original, creative and unusual setting for a quest, I hope the devs atleast get inspired by this, it's just awesome!

2. DoubleDusk

DoubleDusk Void-Bound Voyager

Mount an expedition to traverse his eyebrow ridges, taking a damp cloth to wipe his greasy, but noble face for 800 square miles.

3. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

I can just imagine it; the liposuction device rockets off and you have to traverse a planet that is actually Blubberbutt.
    THIS. EES. GAWLD.

4. DoubleDusk

Syndication incoming.
    Re RSM: That's the great thing about contests like these! They breed creative thought and ingenuity!

5. Red Space Monkey

Luckily this community seems to be the right place to breed such an overwhelming load of ideas, you guys rock. :D

6. Red Space Monkey

How about this? ;D

[​IMG]

Maplestrip likes this.
  7. DoubleDusk

...Is that...is that a bellybutton portal? AWESOME. :D
    I reckon he should have stubby little legs poking out. :3

EDIT: The more I look at it, the worse he gets. You have some incredible amounts of talent. :)

8. Red Space Monkey

I thought about that too, but not showing his legs at all would make him look even more fat and stubby. Atleast that was my guess. =D And honestly I didn't intend to make it a portal, it was just for decoration, but yet again, a great idea! xD

9. DoubleDusk

A bellybutton stargate for his people to fast travel with, or simply a docking bay. You could even have small buildings built into the side of him. Though he might object to having commoners crawling on him. Perhaps an enormous technological TV tray anchored to his side to have meals served upon...too much?

10. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

This entry just got better and better!
    Could I request one thing?

Could you make a art, just a sketch is ok, of a throgh-fied knife bardiche/naginata/war scythe kinda weapon?
    I just love these black with neon colors designs!

11. Red Space Monkey

I had an even better idea: Because he got too big to transport all the food to his head so he could eat it, they set up this portal that beams all the food directly into his stomach. Isn't that comfortable? =D

I guess since I'm very productive over the past few days, I could do this, no problem. =)

EDIT: Also, here's an updated version! Now with drool, improved shading, a new bellybutton design and a snobbish ring on his finger!

[​IMG]

Maplestrip likes this.
  12. DoubleDusk

Haha! Throgs are quite efficient at being lazy.

Red Space Monkey likes this.
  13. Red Space Monkey

AND eating...Nobody can compete with them regarding those two aspects. ;D

14. DoubleDusk

My word that drool is disgusting. Added shine works well, makes him more balloon-like.

15. Red Space Monkey

Here he is with legs! Also changed some things like the armor, especially the "thorns" and the blue lines on some parts. Also added some new details to his overall body.

[​IMG]

aiMarz likes this.
  16. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Just when you think it couldn't get better, then BAM! Awesome man, really awesome... But instead of transporting food to his stomach directly... What if he was so massive, that the inside of him was an actual playable "world"? I think an internal world made of his innards would be disgustingly enthralling :)

17. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

I keep liking your sprites, scrolling down, seeing an improved one, doubting if I should like it again. I think I liked enough of them now. With that said, I LOVE THE NEWEST SPRITES! :rofl:
    You realy have a good chance winning this thing, though I'm affraid you don't leave the devs with enough possibilities to make a sprite for it of their own. They're probably not improving this anyway, and it realy fits the style of the game!

18. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

That means they would have less work in implementing this into the game, right? :)

19. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

It depends if they would simply copy the sprite Red Space Monkey made. I have a feeling they don't do that and want to make their own sprites of the winners' ideas...

20. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Good, valid point and yes they probably would want to implement their own iteration of the entry.

Maplestrip likes this.