Red Space Monkey Contest Entry - The Throgs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Red Space Monkey, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Just made the sprites because it's fun and to show how they look in my head, so it's easier to bring my idea across. =) Thank you anyway!

2. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

You are welcome. :)

3. DoubleDusk

DoubleDusk Void-Bound Voyager

Huh. I always thought the Mighty Blubberbutt would have more chins, but then perhaps his waiterstaff are just being kind to him. But then the fatter the better in their culture, so who knows!

Terrific pixel art, regardless of the fact that they would redo it ingame. Communicates your vision for them terrifically, you have a wonderful imagination. Also the fact that it's an entire race of sentient animals lends itself very well to having numerous variants in that they'd dress themselves up differently and have varying degrees of fatness. Nice one! =D

4. Red Space Monkey

I wanted to give him some more chins, but then I got lazy. =D Maybe he's in his early years in this illustration? Or he's concerned about his beautiful face, so he tries to push the fat into all his other bodyparts, who knows. ^^

5. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Well, let's be honest here, science has probably advanced to the point of Liposuction.
    In fact, maybe Blubberbutt's fat constantly renews himself, allowing the Throngs to have a blubber cannon .

6. Red Space Monkey

Mh, but losing fat would be something he wants to hinder, since it's the goal that he's getting so fat, he explodes and creates a second big bang.

7. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Maybe he's so fat that eventually he sucked up a planet. o.o

8. Red Space Monkey

NOW you gave me an idea for an awesome sidequest...

9. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

HELL YES
    DEVS
    MAKE IT HAPPEN

Quest: Save the planet!

Info: Blubberbutt was so fat his chins took on gravity and sucked in a small planet, containing (). You'll have to craft the gravity-denier and go in on a sub-space mission to get the () back, then take on Blubberbutt!

Reward: You're not going to survive! Blubberbutt is too fat!

10. Red Space Monkey

Eventually I will add this idea to the entry, if you allow, or atleast in some points. :) The basic idea of him wanting to swallow a whole planet or his chin creating a gravitational field is just pure GOLD!

11. Motie

Motie Big Damn Hero

Considering (as I said before) "touching the belly of the throg without his permission" is disrespectful, wouldn't you want to become a throg ally before landing on BLUBBERBUTT PLANET?

12. Red Space Monkey

You mean that the Blubberbutt becomes a planet himself after some time? ^^

13. Motie

Motie Big Damn Hero

You become what you eat!

14. Red Space Monkey

Would be an interesting idea too...

15. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Hell yes. Space Monkey, I will expect nothing but the best from you for this mission. :D

16. DoubleDusk

DoubleDusk Void-Bound Voyager

Living on Planet Blubberbutt would be...sweaty.

17. Motie

Motie Big Damn Hero

You'd probably be living in planet blubberbutt

18. Red Space Monkey

Another great idea for a quest! I should hire you as my personal script writers. >:-D

19. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

DONE.
    (Clan Origin: Star Team FTW.)

So, I'm thinking something like this:

After years and years of eating, Blubberbutt eventually obtains enough mass that he comes under the category of 'small planet' and starts attracting objects to him. His advisors quickly confer and send him in a space shuttle to another planet, to hopefully use him as an epic catapult. However, on the way there, he becomes too fat for the space shuttle and breaks it with his weight, drifting through space and eating the life-forms there until he grows fat enough to attract asteroids to orbit him. Blubberbutt quickly obtains a small belt of asteroids, and goes around using it to cause mayhem and eat things. Eventually, he obtains the mass of a small Dwarf Planet, and as a result sucks in a Planet, eating it. (There could be a little Solar-style minigame here :D) You are notified of this, and have to shrink yourself down in order to go inside of Blubberbutt and plant a liposuction device inside, making him less fat and escaping with the planet.

20. Motie

Motie Big Damn Hero

i was just thinking that you would mistake him for a wormhole, and on random chance the wormhole you go in happens to actually be the vortex of blubberbutt's extremely slow breathing