Red Space Monkey Contest Entry - The Throgs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Red Space Monkey, Mar 6, 2012.

1. downstroypvp

downstroypvp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hahah I LOVE the anatomy thing!

2. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Wild thing! this makes my heart swing!
    I hope nobody made this reference before I did... But I need to know it for sure! ;)
    Anyway, I have to say, this is a very detailled entry, it looks very good =)
    Good luck at the competition!

3. anubis666

anubis666 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow you certainly have a fantastic presentation. I'm very jealous!

4. MintyFresh

MintyFresh Void-Bound Voyager

I can see myself getting BBQ'd by these guys, several times.

5. Fabraz

Fabraz Void-Bound Voyager

Everyday I visit this post I see new revisions and additions made. Well done mate!

6. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

I'm never really satisfied with my work, I always find things to enhance somehow. =D

7. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice, you have a chance of winning i think

8. Red Space Monkey

There is so much creative stuff being posted here, I hope they implement some more stuff they find appealing, even if they say they just want to add one creation to the game. =)

9. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

I really like that you have all that info, most people dont have all tht

10. LightninLew

LightninLew Master Chief

Haha, this is brilliant, especially the anatomy part.

11. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Well..

I want to see these in the game, just so that I can punt them out of the way.
    I hate pigs.

12. Red Space Monkey

BIG UPDATE: I created some kind of logo for the throggish race and added a new section talking about the things they drop on death. I might add some more things like the electric grenades or create some art for the loot too.

13. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Nice additions Red. Btw, added the 4-legged version of the androbot, let me know what you think so far. Digging the Throg race, if you don't win, I hope they at least consider adding it.

14. Red Space Monkey

UPDATE: I added a basic disclaimer saying that the devs may use these ideas even without me winning the contest. Also, I'll start adding altered versions of the sprites I already made showing how they're used by the throgs or simply creating some amusement for you below the main entry. Have fun!

[​IMG]

Maplestrip likes this.
  15. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

*lol*.... Love it. :)

16. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

:eek:... This is absolutely amazing. So much detail! I really like the lore behind them, and the sprites are absolutely gorgeous.
    Also, I might add a similar disclaimer to yours on my entry, in fact, i think everyone should, there's so many entries that would fit into the in the game so well, it must be hard for the devs to pick just one!

17. Red Space Monkey

Thank you! I already commented on your entry, but I have to say it again: I love it, so much depth and thought you put into it. You deserve to be picked. =)

18. Red Space Monkey

UPDATE: I actually made an illustration for the Mighty Blubberbutt and added it to my entry! It's not how he actually looks, or atleast it's not sure if he looks like that. This look is just derived from narrations elicited from the personal waiters of the Blubberbutt.

[​IMG]

thefluvirus likes this.
  19. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

hahaha! Absolutely love it. :) Good job man!

20. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Not going to go "I love it" just because of the sprites, because the devs will make their own sprites anyways, but I do like the way you've presented the suggestion, if not the suggestion itself.