Modding Help Recipe help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Violent Pacifist, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Violent Pacifist

Violent Pacifist Void-Bound Voyager

How does one create the patch thing to be able to make custom recipes?
    They took out the _merge system, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone were to explain how create the recipes with 1.0.

(oh and for some reason my custom gun will not spawn, I've made two previous guns (shotgun and sniperrifle) but for some reason I simply cannot spawn an assaultrifle in by typing /spawnitem (mygunsnameID) which is strange, I've done everything right.)

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The merge system was removed a long time ago. Starbound now uses the json patch format.
    @The | Suit made a tutorial 2 years ago about the patch format here: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/basic-patching-now-with-path-guide-v1-9.84496/
    For creating new recipes create a file named yournamehere.recipe and put in the contents. The player.config holds all default recipes which are available from the beginning so if you want to have your custom recipe available from the beginning you'll need a player.config.patch file.
    If your items don't spawn you should take a look into your starbound.log. Maybe you have a syntax error somewhere.

~ Iris ~

3. Violent Pacifist

Tried doing it, crashes on startup.

4. Iris Blanche

Then you have a syntax error in the file. Your starbound.log should tell you where.

~ Iris ~

5. Violent Pacifist

5 Different starbound logs. Even when I copy my previous mod it still spawns as a "perfectly generic item"

6. Violent Pacifist

Checked all 5 logs and none of them have anything I would consider 'bad' all of my mods loaded fine. But I simply can't spawn anything I create anymore, even if it's an exact copy of my previous mods. -edit- Alright I found a fix for it, sigh.

-
    However, I still don't know how to create the recipes. If you know how, could you help me out by just giving me an example? If I wanted to add a recipe for my mod "nailgun" how would I do so? I don't understand what he's doing. (this is all up to you, if you don't want to It's fine.)

7. Iris Blanche

Here's an example from my wood to coal mod:

Code:
    {
      "input" : [
      { "item" : "logblock", "count" : 3 }
      ],
      "output" : {
      "item" : "coalore",
      "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "craftingfurnace", "ingredients", "all" ]
    }

Code:
    [{ "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : {"item" : "coalore"} }]

~ Iris ~

8. Violent Pacifist

the player.config.patch has me a little confused, I would be writing this where?
    "defaultBlueprints" : {
    "tier1" : [
    Would I be re-writing that?

9. Iris Blanche

You don't rewrite it with the "add" operation. You add your stuff. The tutorial explains the path very detailed.

~ Iris ~

10. Violent Pacifist

I did everything. It erased all of my save and character data, then when I made a new one and tried to go into the game, it crashed. So I uninstalled all my mods and it still crashes. gg.

11. Iris Blanche

Have you looked into your starbound.log? Like i said if you have a syntax error it will result in such a behaviour.
    Can you show me your patch file?

~ Iris ~

12. Violent Pacifist

[11:18:56.644] [Error] Failed to valid player with uuid cab7719469e817baf03003090aa740fd : (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("collections")
    And all of my mods are "Could not instantiate item" "no such item"

and my p.c.p

[
    { "op": "add", "path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier0/-",
    "value": { "item" : "soniclauncher" }}
    ]

that's all it is, it works for another friend of mine so.. I don't know what went wrong. I'm doing a clean install and hopefully that fixes it.

13. Iris Blanche

The tier0 node is not existent.

Edit ('cause i pressed to early on reply xD):
    The collections seem to be related to the 1.1 update. I can't offer a solution for it because it's newly released.
    When it means "could not instantiate item" then the item file has a syntax error or an id changed.

~ Iris ~

14. Violent Pacifist

I was shown that tier0 meant that it was craftable from the start?
    the item ids for all of my mods are all still the same.

15. Iris Blanche

You should take a look into the config files from the assets when making a patch file. Accessing wrong nodes can cause unwanted behaviour.

~ Iris ~

16. Violent Pacifist

Found help from someone else, thanks though.