1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Stupid (Starbound) Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZacheryLawshe, May 6, 2016.

1. ZacheryLawshe

ZacheryLawshe Void-Bound Voyager

I was gonna make a thread about how stupid the NPCs are, with the running away from safety and into caves and wilderness, and forgetting to close doors behind them but I just thought why not start a thread where everyone just points out one of the stupidest things they've ever witnessed happen in Starbound, Player, NPC, or Generated Dungeon Wise.

I'll start; Wooden Avian Airship on a planet where it rains fire every 10-20 minutes

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

More of me nitpicking than anything but the amount of sand produce by sandstorms is just crazy. Realistically those abandon houses (the ones with sand instead of doors) would be more of a hill of sand by the time my adventurer ever got there. Sandstorms should move sand not create it, if you stay on such a planet long enough you might magically create a whole new layer for it out of nothing. I guess this could go for snow as well actually. Find it funny that before my adventurer can reach a door within eye view the door get pelted by so many snowballs by a snowstorm that he have to dig his way through just to enter the house. Feel sorry for anyone who want to build on planets with block related storms. Personally I never like such planets anyway so it was never any skin off of my back.

3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The howling wind is what gets me for those kinds of planets, every now and them sometimes weather like snow just lightly piles on, ya know?

anyway. the reason for my land bridge in my lava installation? It used to be a large platform you could fall through, but the mobs(who are immune to lava), got wise to this. When a guard aggroed them, they fell through, leading the dunce to change in with sword in hand...into the lava.

You haven't lived until you've raided one of these while the fire is coming down. the devestation is beautiful.

4. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Back in the day the Wooden Airship was the best place to spawn the Bon Dragon. All the avian pirates would go o town trying to bring it down, and the PC would jus hang out in the Captain's Cabin, drumming fingers on the table. Waiting.

Ferrettomato and FloomRide like this.
  5. ZacheryLawshe

What do you think I did right after I found out it was burning? I didn't want the stuff in the ship to go to waste. Although I ended up hitting the ground several times and probably scarred like 7-8 crewmembers that I fell in front of, Captain included.

Also that guard deserved a raise... or an honorary funeral.

Lintton likes this.
  6. DukeOfRiven

What about a raised honorary funeral, like on some kind of platform or mound?

Lintton likes this.
  7. ZacheryLawshe

That works just as well.

8. DukeOfRiven

Best of both worlds, really.