RELEASED Realistic Paintings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jadzi, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

----This mod is updated to work with SV 1.1! ---
    --- Uploading this mod anywhere else is is explicitly forbidden ---

In most of the games I play I love building and decorating my own little world. Stardew has a goodly amount of wallpapers, an okay amount of flooring, and a meh amount of decor. The paintings however I was really not fond of. SO I set out to change this! Basically I've taken 13 of the in game paintings and retextured them with famous real life paintings - in 8bit style!

As it turns out, trying to recreate art masterpieces in areas as small as 40 by 40 pixels is difficult! :D The best results are paintings with simple color palettes and high contrast - such as Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' and Vermeer's 'Girl With A Pearl Earring'. Paintings with many colors and visual complexity such as Botticelli's 'The Birth of Venus' and Seurat's 'A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte' don't translate as well...but if you squint you can get the picture! ;)

The only things that were changed are the inner paintings. In game the item names are still the same, and you still get them from the same locations - Robin's carpenter shop, the traveling cart, museum rewards.

Check them out:
    • 1st row, left to right
      • A Night on Eco Hill = Seurat's 'A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte'
      • Pathways = famous picture of Einstein taken by photographer Arthur Sasse
      • Queen of the Gem Sea = Botticelli's 'The Birth of Venus'
      • Vanilla Villa = Vermeer's 'Girl With A Pearl Earring'
      • Primal Motion = Grant Wood's 'American Gothic'
      • Jade Hills = Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'
      • Sun 44 = Klimt's 'The Kiss'
      • Spires = Warhol's 'Gold Marilyn Monroe'
      • Highway 89 = Munch's 'The Scream'
      • Calico Falls = Hokusai's 'The Great Wave of Kanagawa'
      • Needlepoint Flower = DaVinci's 'Mona Lisa'
    • 2nd row, left to right
      • Dancing Grass = Warhol's 'Campbells Tomato Soup Can'
      • Kitemaster 95 = Van Gogh's 'Self portrait'

[​IMG]

In game:

[​IMG]

More in game:

[​IMG]

So for art lovers, decorators, or anyone who wants some variety, you might enjoy this mod! You don't need any mod loaders or launchers to use this mod! It's a simple drag and replace.

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. Go to your Steam content folder at \Steam\Steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Tilesheets. From there copy 'furniture.xnb' and paste it in a non gaming folder such as My Documents as a backup (This is just a standard precaution)
    2. Download the mod from the attachment to this post. Unzip the file, it contains the new furniture xnb
    3. Copy the new furniture xnb file into your Steam content folder, again at \Steam\Steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Tilesheets. Say yes to Replacing the original furniture xnb file
    If you would like to use the xnb or the png file in conjunction with other mods, please ask me first :)

And that's it!
    Enjoy your new paintings. If you want to switch back to normal, just drag the backup furniture xnb file back into the folder. Enjoy, tell your friends, and keep decorating! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
      eemie, HiHaHi123 and taintedwheat like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

OMFG. I WANTED TO DO THIS, BUT I'm SO SO SO SO HAPPY YOU DID.

Could you kindly post the png?!?! I have a bunch of furniture mods that I've made myself, as well as using others.
      (I want to keep some of the normal paintings in and put my dogs in there like they're visiting) xD

Jadzi likes this.
      • Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

Haha, sure. Here's the png :)

• Jadzi

Jadzi Void-Bound Voyager

UPDATED to work with the new release of SV version 1.1! Installation instructions are the same. If there is interest in the separate png file just ask. Enjoy and keep decorating!

eemie likes this.