1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Realistic Life 1.65 - Tweaks

Living actually matters now.

1. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Eh...when I think of a fatigue system I'm thinking of something that degrades overtime with no means to recover it until you sleep. Most you can do is slow it down but you've to sleep eventually. I'm not really interested to make another hunger bar to be honest so I'm still skeptical on thirst system but I'll at least take a look after the hunger system.

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Maybe food that slows the bar can be there? like Coffee/energy drinks > w>

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Yes, many things can be made to slow it down but the core, fundamental issue of needing to sleep for a duration of time to recover your fatigue is still the main factor of fatigue system being extremely difficult to pull off because :
    1) Waiting for 16 minutes for your fatigue to recover isn't fun
    2) Instantly warping time to skip x hour isn't realistic but most importantly this will cause issue for multiplayer
    3) Increase the rate of time passed in game will be the best but this will still cause an issue for multiplayer

You've to understand that even for single player mode starbound is still creating a server for you to join so I can't exactly make it that to work like minecraft's sleep to be applicable for single player but not multiplayer. There are also many other things to consider like how does the other player's hunger or crops or things that rely on time get affected due to time skip or increased rate of time pass and even performance issue when you're loading on a planet.

4. Catherine Franz

Well starbound is in ze future soo we have nanowrap bandages that can heal quickly, why not have something like a pill/drink to energize us? or maybe make some tiers on beds on how fast can one recover like Executive beds for high tiers?

That way we can still have fun grinding for uhh..beds I guess... xD

5. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Interesting Idea! I love the survival elements of this game. If Chucklefish makes another sandbox adventure game like this, I hope they implement more of those survival elements into the core game design.

6. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Even if I'm to make the highest tier bed to shorten the time needed to fully recover your fatigue completely for 1 hour in-game time, that'll be like 2 minutes which is...okay that doesn't sounds so horrible but how about those tier 1 bed that intends to work like a bed and requires the user to sleep for 8 hours in-game time which translates to 16 minutes?

Again I'm not interested to make another hunger bar where consuming something is needed or could recover a value where thirst is more or less a similar hunger bar that could be implemented as well.

Thanks! Feel free to suggest some changes or ideas! :3

7. Catherine Franz

I guess Bethesdafish thinks that survival is all about eating food and nothing else @ .@

8. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Fatigue system or sleeping system is just very tricky to do. All the survival games that I played that have the system always time warp you to the next few hours or just begin at the next day.

9. Catherine Franz

Then we can prolly focus on the hunger system it is = w=

10. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Iroaseta updated Realistic Life with a new update entry:

Changes!...duh.

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Iroaseta updated Realistic Life with a new update entry:

Changes!...duh.

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Catherine Franz

Noooo my cheese strat to go to Lush planets and go to the mines -> check every crate strat has been foiled...

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

You can either mine or get rich to buy the (refined) ores from Ursa Miner or repeat missions and hope there's 20 refined ores in the reward chest. But yeah for late game I guess the mech's mining stuffs and your fully upgraded MM are very lackluster...but tbh I find Avali's mining laser to be a fun tool to use. You just need to find an Avali settlement and steal one of the crafting stations from them though. Skizot's Bulldozer, Mining mech from XS mech and Customizable Shuttle with bomber frame are fun to use too.

14. Catherine Franz

Early game will have quite a long time to activate the gate now since we have to dig deep for core fragments (prolly in the mines as starting point)

E: I never steal, I just borrow = w=

15. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

That's the plan. Starting is supposed to be difficult but your life gets expeditiously better once you get things settled down and obtained better things.

16. Catherine Franz

The underground with no teleport can be brutal for those who aren't that experienced digging and stuff

Never steal...just borrow...

17. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I did say it's not for casual on the first few paragraphs so... :3

18. Catherine Franz

Eyy I don't really care on others' experiences. just saying that some would (Let me join so I can observe your suffering for research purposes...yes I'm not the head of the miniknog)

19. Maletpun

Maletpun Aquatic Astronaut

i start a new run with this mod everything work well but i see that from full belly till starving its take only 10 min
    anyone can explain?

20. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Are you using Frackin Races? If that's so then FR uses new value for hunger instead of the vanilla one for max hunger so there's nothing I can do there.