Real timer for Wiring or option to set it _ and NPC doorfix;

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Albussystems, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

So i went through 50 pages of the suggestions and saw so many 2 or 5 times and gave it up...^^

I didn't see what i had in mind yet. If it's out there on the last 18 Pages i appologize.

Passwordsystems for doors are fun to make, but if you want to use them for a door they are not really usable because there is no real delay option yet. I experimented with the timer - even found a video where someone build a password on his ship, but even with his build the door stayed open very shortly.

So the idea is a timer with who can be activated and then sends a signal for a set limit of time (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 seconds for example)
    Either buildable for the set amount or choosable by activating it.

This Option would help for the NPCs too, i red a few times already and had the problem myself, that if i place NPCspawners in my structures they always run around and leave all the doors open if i don't connect some console or something to it. Leading rain to mess with the Furniture near the door.

So no population in my town or Population behind locked doors :D

General Nuclear likes this.
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

good idea:up:
    by the way maybe make key cards or something so you only need to kill the guard to get in

3. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah, better off having it where permissions are set up for the door and people with said permissions set to said user are allowed to open and close the door.

4. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea that sounds ok, if thats easier to implement that'll do just as fine^^