Rare Plants?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheesey, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Cheesey

Cheesey Title Not Found

It would be interesting to find rare seeds while venturing through the
    caves or receiving them from NPC's. Unlike regular crops, these
    would be such things as new kinds or fruit (made up or tropical),
    dancing flowers, vines that make a gazebo, trees that are
    made or metal, and etc.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

YES!
      I would love a rare plant system, even a rare monster system :)
      Like a plant that grows only on a full moon (cliche I know...)
      Or a monster that only appears when you bring a certain favorite food of theirs :)

Befriending an NPC should also give you special gift, not only seeds, maybe special tools or mineral for you to work with :)

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

Hold onto your hats. Monster seeds. It'd be awesome to be able to grow some type of plant creature like Mandrakes or something.

Cliche or not i like that idea in a broader sense, plants that will only grow under certain conditions, e.g full moon, snow, or Tuesdays (hehe).
        but that'd also probably mean that they'd need to be able to grow for multiple seasons.

• CJoker3221

Mandrakes are awesome! But if you harvest them during the day..they die (Don't Starve reference)

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know about dancing flowers or metal trees, but I definitely like the idea of crops that you have to find/purchase/acquire through less easy routes.

peace

• CJoker3221

Yeah, it's more fun for you to find rare seeds/monster/vege/fruits in that great wondrous cavern that CA is making :D

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

And once you ship the first batch or the seeds, they appear in the town store.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I love the idea of rare seeds, though I don't think they should appear in the town store. Keep some exclusive things in the cave.